News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Swords that you would like a replica of

Started by DonaCatalina, March 31, 2009, 09:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

My husband owns this combination rapier by Hanwei.
While the hilt is slightly oversize, the blade is very good and it is gold plated.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

limey_tech

Anyone ever seen Ring of Steel with Robert Chapin, the rapier and dagger set from that movie or else, yeah.. Inigo's sword
Jason D. Smallen aka Kathryn's Daddy

tiberiusflynn

I've been looking for a really good quality early empire roman gladius....I'm always worried that whichever one I buy will have a rat tail tang and break easily...

That and a really good cutlass circa 16-1700s. I love the look of jack sparrows hanger but don't want to carry a jack sparrow sword as a pirate....maybe something along those lines though..

bran_gray

I've always been partial to axes but if I had to choose one sword it would have to be...

Callandor!

Like I said, never really liked swords all that much.

L Dale Walter

+1 on the Navarre set of weaponry.

You can keep the helmet.

LDW

DonaCatalina

Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Eric the Ugly

DonaCatalina

Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

L Dale Walter

Can I get a complete set with the horse?

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: bran_gray on February 02, 2010, 12:37:11 PM
I've always been partial to axes but if I had to choose one sword it would have to be...

Callandor!

Like I said, never really liked swords all that much.

if'n you don't mind a crystal sword...
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Chris B

Quote from: knightofistari on December 08, 2009, 05:44:43 PM
I've been looking for a really good quality early empire roman gladius....I'm always worried that whichever one I buy will have a rat tail tang and break easily...

That and a really good cutlass circa 16-1700s. I love the look of jack sparrows hanger but don't want to carry a jack sparrow sword as a pirate....maybe something along those lines though..

If you want a high end Roman blade, check out http://www.albion-swords.com.  The Fullham and Mainz blades are earlier roman blades more associated with the Republic but the Mainz was in use in the early first century AD.  The Pompei style gladius (The "Pedite") are from the 1st Century AD onward or "Early Empire".
For a less expensive alternative you could shop through www.soulofthewarrior.com.  None of his blades will have a rat tang as they are intended for demonstration and use for reenacting.

justsomeguytn

I don't have a picture but there was a UK tv show years ago called "The Wanderer" with Bryan Brown.  His character carried an Oakeshott type 19 sword with a ring on the guard on one side.  In the fuller right after the guard there was a citrine set.

Morgan Dreadlocke

Displayed at Two Rivers Faire Yuma, several months ago. Awesome blade!
My intentions are to commandeer a venue, sail to Tortuga, then pick, strum and otherwise play me weasily black guts out.

Tripletap

It is not a sword, but I always liked Princess Buttercup's dagger and velvet lined box in The Princess Bride.
I would like to find a nice simple rapier like Inigo Montoya's, just not gold and gem stone, I like the El Cid type of sword, with a couple of simple changes.
I like Rapiers, just not 3-ringed and all that, I would like a simple handguard, and a flat grip and and flat coin-shaped pommel, basically a rapier that would lay almost flat against my hip.

Hoowil

While I don't see nearly as many, there are 'half basket' rapiers, thas have the same swept type guard, but it only goes to the one side, so as to not bounce on the hip, while still protecting the back of the hand. I'll see if I can find any pics.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.