News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Swords that you would like a replica of

Started by DonaCatalina, March 31, 2009, 09:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Tripletap on May 24, 2010, 10:19:41 PM
I like Rapiers, just not 3-ringed and all that, I would like a simple handguard, and a flat grip and and flat coin-shaped pommel, basically a rapier that would lay almost flat against my hip.
16Th Century German maybe?

Or English Half Basket

15th century Spanish
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

William of Armagh

.....(this sword is later than the Renaissance, of course)..... but we made an outfit around the Zorro replica.
beware of the cheaper copies.
Mercenary guild
woodland elf
fair companion to lady A., aka "the rogue"
target for that knife throwing act

angusmacinnes

this is the Munich Sword and Dagger sold by Museum Replicas, I am thinking it will be my next purchase in replica swords.  Circa 1600
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Tripletap

I have been looking for a Rapier with a simple guard, and a coin shaped pommel, all the swept-hilt stuff I have been seeing is way to ornate and fancy for my tastes.

William of Armagh

........my lady friend and I were watching some older B movies (Fantasy, Barbarian,female swashbucklers) ........and being in her
warrior , sword fighter mode, she liked a small Viking, celtic sword. So instead of some bright shiny objects or flowers I made two swords for her /us  These are lighter and a bit smaller than broadswords..........being a metal worker helped, but they still took a few months to complete, along with the scabbards I made. anyway, showing them here.

Mercenary guild
woodland elf
fair companion to lady A., aka "the rogue"
target for that knife throwing act

Tripletap

Looks nice!!!
I really like the fuller on the smaller one.

NefariousDrO

What I'd love to have isn't so much a cool historical blade, but I have a friend who's an artist, he got a cheap Norman-style sword, so he re-did the hilt and etched in Futhark down the blade "pointy end goes in the other guy".

BLAKDUKE

How about the swords from the "Sword and the Sorcerer" Especially that 3 bladed sword that the hero had where the 2 outer blades were on some sort of seat ejector mechanism and you could shoot them out like a spear gun.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

kilteddispatcher

At the risk of ID'g myself as not-so-HA... since I already have the Werewolf: The Apocalypse replica Klaive, I think I have to go with either Anduril or one of the Elvish warrior swords from the opening sequence of LotR...

DonaCatalina

Yo soy La Colada - <sigh>

La Tizona

Sword #1 Brueghel El Viejo
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Hospitaller

Fortunate to already have the replica I desired. This is an exact museum class replica of the 12th Century Sword of Saint Maurice of Turin, which Albion Armourers makes. Being the rather anal person that I am, I made a historically accurate scabbard with intregal belting to carry it to faire, etc.

Sir William Marcus

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Anna Iram

I don't have a sword I am dreaming upon here, but I was hoping someone might be able to give me a quick answer. I won this sword several years back and I recall someone telling me it was a replica of....well I've forgotten. I want to say it's Scottish. Anyone recognise this design?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the brief threadjack.  :)

Eric the Ugly

Quote from: BLAKDUKE on August 24, 2010, 08:10:12 PM
How about the swords from the "Sword and the Sorcerer" Especially that 3 bladed sword that the hero had where the 2 outer blades were on some sort of seat ejector mechanism and you could shoot them out like a spear gun.

Impractical. But as a fan of fantasy cinema, it's hard not to love that thing anyway! :) Plus, it had the dagger inside the grip.

Eric the Ugly

Quote from: Anna Iram on January 27, 2011, 01:42:23 PM
I don't have a sword I am dreaming upon here, but I was hoping someone might be able to give me a quick answer. I won this sword several years back and I recall someone telling me it was a replica of....well I've forgotten. I want to say it's Scottish. Anyone recognise this design?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the brief threadjack.  :)

I've no idea if it's a replica of a historical original or not, but someone was selling one very much like it (only with brass fittings on the grip) and called it a "German Wald Sword".
Ah. Right. Ritter Steel.
http://www.rittersteel.com/german-wald-sword.htm