News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

where do you get your kilts cleaned ?

Started by Your Grace, April 06, 2009, 09:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Your Grace

I need to get my kilt cleaned and I don't want to take to a dry cleaner that does not know what they are doing.  Any help would be great! Thanks. ???
1st Duke of Somerset

*Teach*

I've used a dry cleaner for mine many times... never a problem yet
Best part is watching them try to figure out what category to charge you under lol

*rum stains come right out btw*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Your Grace

Maybe I need to be more specific in my question.  I am looking for a specific uncleaner in the Dallas area.
1st Duke of Somerset

SirRichardBear

I use Custer Dry Cleaning in Plano if that is any help.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Your Grace

1st Duke of Somerset

LadyMorna

When I took my laird husband's kilt to the local cleaners in Bowie, TX, they had the audacity to charge us for a "skirt"!!  LOL!!!  I don't suppose they get too many kilts in these here parts.  However, they did a good job.

Lady Morna

Quote from: *Teach* on April 06, 2009, 09:36:55 AM
I've used a dry cleaner for mine many times... never a problem yet
Best part is watching them try to figure out what category to charge you under lol

*rum stains come right out btw*
Mistress of Conundrum Castle, Wife of Sir Marcas McLaren, and Lady-in-Waiting to two royal housecats

mpullen

My local drycleaner doesn't have a "kilt" selection on their system, but a pleated skirt pretty much fits the bill. Now they even know how to press the various border patches.

Macintyre

Dapper Dan is pretty good about keeping the pleats.

angusmacinnes

I have always used our local cleaners without issue. 
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Tipsy Gypsy

We've been advised tht basting the pleats in place first will insure that the dry cleaner presses the pleats properly.
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"