News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sibling Rivalry at Frankenfeast- for a good cause

Started by Katie Bookwench, April 01, 2009, 12:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katie Bookwench

Greetings, Friends and Rennie Family!

Mary Jane and I are excited to see all of you lovely people once again at Frankenfeast, and kick off a new and exciting season of Faire for 2009.

We'll also be welcoming donations for the IWG Local 57 Team's upcomming Relay for Life in Ohio in May. Yes....we'll be walking the track to try to end Cancer in our lifetime, in fancy, sassy Wench style.

To that end, I gave my stinky rotten sister (that's Mary Jane, not me) a CHALLENGE.

I challenged her to get as many donations on Saturday as I -- the loser has to put all of her donations in the winners name, AND has to wear a big letter L (for LOOOZER) upon her person during on the Opening Weekend of MIRF.

So, if you wish to donate to our Relay For Life Team, and help us support a very worthy cause, please see either Mary Jane or I sometime on Saturday and by doing so, you'll:

MAKE A WENCH HAPPY!

pssssst! donate to me not her cause I'm the cute one!  ;)
Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57

Katie Bookwench

...well, it looks like I'll be making that big L for myself.  >:(

Yes, my stinky sister managed to beat my donation total by a measely $3, and therefore all my dontations get credited as hers, and I have to wear the 'letter of shame' the first weekend of MIRF.

That was the bad news.

The GOOD NEWS is that you can STILL help us both out, and donate to our Relay for Life team. All donations, whether in care of either of us, go toward our Team Total (that's The Wench Team).

You can donate to our team by going HERE:

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=team&fr_id=16521&team_id=385755

and chose the 'DONATE' option... or...

You can choose to honor a loved one who is struggling with Cancer, or remember a loved one who has been lost to this awful disease by chosing 'LUMINARIA'. The Luminaria are put all over the track and bleacher areas of the relay, and lit during the ceremonies at dusk, and burn throughout the night.

Last year, it was so inspiring to see them glowing around the track, despite a pouring rain that began about 2 am.... it was.... almost spooky and so moving to think that even though it was raining, these 'memories' remained alive, as if they simply refused to be extinguished.... glowing to light our way around the track. (yes, I still get misty eyed just thinking about it.)

Every dollar counts -- and we're so VERY thankfull for whatever you can spare, to help us all out. We ALL can benefit from Cancer Research, since pretty much everything we do now-a-days can cause cancer.    :(

Gram'mercy, and God Save You All.  :)
Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57