News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New patterns! Simplicity 2621 and 2589

Started by Lady L, April 04, 2009, 11:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brooke

the projects yall have made look wonderful!  I only wish my final product will look this good :)

Thanks Lady L for updating the title.  I was digging in the archives  ;)

gem

Big 3 costume patterns typically run large, b/c they add too much wearing ease (more like mundane clothing). A corset should fit VERY snugly. I think the general advice is to choose a size approximately 2" SMALLER than your actual measurements, to allow for squish and any ease built into the pattern. For this pattern, I chose the size that corresponded to my waist/hip measurements, because I knew that choosing by bust size would make the entire garment far too large. You can pin fit the pattern or do mockups to see which method works better for you.

Lady Rebecca

Has anyone made the bum roll from this pattern? I just tried to make it, but it seems like it curves too deeply, causing it to sort of bend into a heart shape in the back when I put it on.

Jon Foster

I'll have to see if my wife made anything from these patterns. Lately she's been making her own stuff or starting with a pattern and finishing with something totally different to fit her liking.

Jon.

kala83

I do really like that I think I am gonna need to keep an eye out for when joanns puts their simplicity patterns on sale.