News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New patterns! Simplicity 2621 and 2589

Started by Lady L, April 04, 2009, 11:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish

:o OMG! What beautiful patterns!
I must resist! Do not go to the JoAnn Fabric light...... :D
Heck they go on sale, I think this week.....so........hold me back!
Thanks LadyL for showing these!
irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Pascal

They'll be on sale at JoAnn's this coming weekend (April 9 thru 11) for .99 per pattern.

The online flyer at the JoAnn's website shows that they're on sale now, but the website is wrong.  The stores won't honor the price till April 9th.

CapnFayeCutler

Thank you Pascal! I'll be heading over to JoAnn's this weekend!
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Lady L

I don't know if any of you remember, but I do, when simplicity thought a good medieval pattern was that awful pink thing with ruffles at the neck and hem! Then they added a pointy hat and called it "maid marion". They have come a LONG way since then! I think we, as customers, have been heard on this issue!
A few year's ago, I went to a chat where the "historical" pattern designers were and there were quite a few of us saying we wanted better, higher quality medieval and renaissance patterns. At the time, I wasn't sure if they really heard us, but now I think they did. :)
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

Lady L

Quote from: Lady Kathleen of Olmsted on April 05, 2009, 05:28:18 AM
Certainly not for the beginner sewer unfamiliar with Period Clothing sewing techniques. This pattern can be tweaked.

I agree, Lady K. When I was at the checkout, the checker looked at the patterns and said to me, "Are you going to MAKE that?!" I tried not to laugh and said "well yes, of course."

Lady L

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on April 05, 2009, 08:05:04 AM
I went on the Simplicity site and looked for them with the pattern # using the Search button, and for both of them got the reply that they were unable to match that number.  So maybe they haven't been loaded yet.
You are right, Lady Renee. The website is still showing the "spring" book and the new patterns are in the "summer" book.

Marietta Graziella

Thank you for bringing these to my attention!  How lovely!  Oh, and thank you for the clarification on the sale dates!  Someone, please post a reminder next week?  LOL ::)
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

DonaCatalina

I have my calendar marked for the April 9 sale. woot!
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

DragonWing

Dag, I need to find some women to sew for so I can buy those patterns.  ::)
Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)

Aiacha

Yay!  New Simplicity patterns!  Out of the big 3 I usually like these the best, and I find I can tweak these the easiest as well.  I've been hoping they would move back into this era of clothing, and not just stick with civil war era (though those are cool dresses as well).

I think a trip to Joanns this friday is in order.

LadyMeg

I like!  I will definately have to invest in this one!  I liked the the Elizabethan one since it fits my measurements very well.
|LadyMeg|
________
Galene, Nereid in pirate form
Lady Alethea Talbot

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Dragonwing!!!

A lot of us women here on the forums sew for ourselves as well as some of us for others.

I will have to take a trip to JoAnn's this weekend as well to get these patterns. Like I need more patterns ??? ???
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Dinobabe

Quote from: DragonWing on April 06, 2009, 09:37:30 AM
Dag, I need to find some women to sew for so I can buy those patterns.  ::)

At .99 I would buy them anyway! ;)
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

isabelladangelo

I got a chance to look at them today.  They are *perfect* in terms of h/a seams.  I'm not sure about how they want the tudor gown put together but I'll get a better look of it tomorrow and read through the instructions.  (I was going to buy 'em but the scanner wasn't working so I have them on hold.  I'm worried they will sell out at my store because, I swear, half the people in this town sew for the Renn Fest and/or SCA)

I need a good farthingale and I'm dying to try out this pattern before July.   Finally, something right!

Baroness de Vale

Now to convince my husband that I'm only going to buy patterns and not more fabric too! Of course it would help if I could convince myself of that first.