News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New patterns! Simplicity 2621 and 2589

Started by Lady L, April 04, 2009, 11:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renren

Quote from: Baroness de Vale on April 06, 2009, 06:24:04 PM
Now to convince my husband that I'm only going to buy patterns and not more fabric too! Of course it would help if I could convince myself of that first.

Isn't that the hardest part? LOL!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Lady Renee Buchanan

At one time, wasn't Heather of the Very Merry Seamstress going to bring out some patterns for Simplicity?  I wonder if she had anything to do with these?  She's great!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lady L

Yes, that was a few years ago, Lady Renee. I haven't heard anymore about that. I read her blog from time to time and haven't seen anything more. I was really hoping that project would happen.
These patterns are designed by Andrea Schewe, who  does a lot of costuming for Simplicity.
I checked the pattern back and it takes 10 yds for the gown, if you want to find some fabric for it.  ;D
The other parts of the sleeves, undersleeves, etc are different amounts, (meaning I don't remember).
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

When I did Lady DeLaney's Tudor ensemble last year, I bought 8 yards of the Blood Red Velveteen. Most of that was for the skirting.

I still had less than a yard left over, which I used for several French Hoods, including the two tiered one I made for Lady DeLaney.

The skirt of the SIMPLICITY pattern in the front can be lessened to lay smoother than be pleated or gathered. The gown for Lady Delaney had plenty of knife pleats that flow in the back.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

DragonWing

Quote from: Dinobabe on April 06, 2009, 02:38:05 PM
Quote from: DragonWing on April 06, 2009, 09:37:30 AM
Dag, I need to find some women to sew for so I can buy those patterns.  ::)

At .99 I would buy them anyway! ;)

Dinobabe I just might.  You never know when I may have to sew one.

Lady Kathleen, I understand. That is why I have to find someone that doesn't sew. Hmmm I may have to recruit new Rennies  ;D
Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)

Valencia

Wow, these are fabulous! I think I will try the corset. I already have a gown in that style, I was looking for a new gown to make. I don't know if I can resist it, though!

Lady L

Former Shop Owner at MNRF

Kate XXXXXX

I'm waiting for them to be available in the UK.  Could be good.  I'd buy them in two sizes just to be sure...

tigerlilly

Quote from: Lady L on April 05, 2009, 12:28:31 AM
I usually only buy patterns on sale, too, Manwariel, but I didn't want to wait this time! They are regularly priced $17.95, so $8.94 isn't too bad.

We don't have Hobby Lobby or Hancock's near me. Our Joann is small/limited.
I would rather buy them for half price here, than have to drive 70 miles one way, to buy them for $1.99.

Wal Mart will price match other store's sales.  So if the patterns are on sale elsewhere for $0.99 or $1.99, you should be able to bring the add to Walmart and get them for that price.

The patterns look really good.  I don't know if I'd use the tudor gown, but for a dollar, why not get it anyway?  I've also made my own patterns for undergarments before, but of course I've lost all my calculations and it's just waaaay easier to let someone else do all that work.  Gonna try to pick both patterns up at Walmart this afternoon, plus simplicity 5840 (historical accuracy be damned, I want a cloak with sleeves!).  It's really much, much safer if I don't actually set foot in the fabric store.  ;)

NicoleBridget

Wow these are a must have!  Thanks for the heads up and also about the .99 sale.  Definately hitting JoAnn's tomorrow. Does anyone know if Simplicity patterns tend to run big or small?  I think we have the recent interest in The Tudors and possibly The Other Boleyn Girl movies to thank for these patterns, right?  WOO!  Can't wait to get my hands on these!

DonaCatalina

Quote from: NicoleBridget on April 09, 2009, 10:27:59 AM
Wow these are a must have!  Thanks for the heads up and also about the .99 sale.  Definately hitting JoAnn's tomorrow. Does anyone know if Simplicity patterns tend to run big or small?  I think we have the recent interest in The Tudors and possibly The Other Boleyn Girl movies to thank for these patterns, right?  WOO!  Can't wait to get my hands on these!

Simplicity tends to run a little big, but not a lot.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

LadyShadow

I have to agree on the run a lil big part.

Went to JoAnns today.  Couldnt help myself.  The have the pattern sale for limit 10 patterns, I stopped one short at 9.

Hubby cant complain I saved a lot of money this time  ;D
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

DragonWing

OMG I am so hitting JoAnns this Sat.  :o
Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

I went to our JoAnn's today for a few things i needed and they did not have the patterns in at all.

No worries!!  I can wait for another sale.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess