News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

35 Days!!

Started by Captain Dungcaster, April 05, 2009, 09:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Dungcaster

35 days until May 16! Getting my "Kit" together, err not Kit as in Lordwriothsley but gear of course. Hope all of the casting work and rehersals have gone smoothly.

How is the site? Does the site need much prep work before opening day?

Hope to see you all there and in good health!

F. Blanton
Lord Dungcaster, of these near parts...
"Fantasy Football, Dungeons & Dragons for Jocks"
I.B.R.S.C #1068.

lordwriothsley

quote:
err not Kit as in Lordwriothsley

LOL! I got the point. See you at faire as well Frank.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Master James

Well we had new cast rehearsal this past weekend and I think we have some excellent new recruits!  I am quite sure that they will add even more to our already wonderful cast.  We get on site next weekend (April 18) so we'll see what kind of work is needed then however during the walk through we did back in February the site looked pretty darn good so hopefully not a lot of work will be needed.  Can't wait to get this show started!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Dallan

I was sorry to hear that Dirtfarmer isn't on cast this year.
Fight'n

~pixie~

Quote from: Master James on April 07, 2009, 10:38:10 AM
...We get on site next weekend (April 18) so we'll see what kind of work is needed then however during the walk through we did back in February the site looked pretty darn good so hopefully not a lot of work will be needed.  Can't wait to get this show started!

Can anybody help with the site preparations, or does one have to be on cast?  I've got two hands I can lend to the effort if you'd like.
~ Pixie ~
the wicked wench
Rose Seller VARF
IWG #785 Local 42 MDRF
aka: Gold'n Penny
Irish Penny Brigade - Clan White

Master James

Quote from: ~pixie~ on April 07, 2009, 02:38:17 PM
Quote from: Master James on April 07, 2009, 10:38:10 AM
...We get on site next weekend (April 18) so we'll see what kind of work is needed then however during the walk through we did back in February the site looked pretty darn good so hopefully not a lot of work will be needed.  Can't wait to get this show started!

Can anybody help with the site preparations, or does one have to be on cast?  I've got two hands I can lend to the effort if you'd like.

Pixie - I appreciate the offer but I'm pretty sure its cast only.  I'll check to be sure but I'd be surprised if its not just cast.

Quote from: Dallan on April 07, 2009, 02:29:06 PM
I was sorry to hear that Dirtfarmer isn't on cast this year.

Well he has said he wasn't doing cast before and showed up so until our first full cast rehearsal, which is next weekend, I'm not counting him out just yet.  I'm hoping he will come back this year but if he doesn't I understand.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Benedict Browne

From the Varf.org website under Volunteers:

Pre-season, we're in need of folks to help with construction, carpentry, stage/building/sign painting; clearing the site of brush, bench and table building, and tree work. Work sessions will be scheduled throughout the spring. We will continue to need help in some of these areas throughout the show run.

All of our volunteers get: free passes to use on unscheduled days or give away to family and friends; a t-shirt; first shot at auditions and staff positions for the next year, if interested, the chance to participate in some of our actor training; cast and crew social events; lots and lots of new, fun friends; the chance to get in on the ground level of Virginia's premier Renaissance Festival and, last but not least, our undying gratitude and the knowledge that you made a little part of your world happier and more educated.

Send us an e-mail at volunteer@varf.org and tell us a little bit of about what you're interested in, and any special skills/qualifications.

So Pixie - Send in an e-mail to the volunteer coordinator and I'm sure we'll all be glad to have you pitch in in the pre-season activities!

Cheers
Scott McD.

(Master Benedict Browne - Sgt. Trumpeter)

~pixie~

Done!  I'll watch for a response from them.

Much appreciated, Masters James & Browne!
~ Pixie ~
the wicked wench
Rose Seller VARF
IWG #785 Local 42 MDRF
aka: Gold'n Penny
Irish Penny Brigade - Clan White