News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Papagnome touched many lives

Started by *Teach*, April 07, 2009, 10:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Teach*

I was asked to pass along news that I didn't want to hear. It is with a heavy sadness on my heart that I write these words.
Papagnome (AKA Scolaigh) has left our world.
I don't have many details at the moment but will pass along what I know as soon as I know it.
During the night he told his lovely Lady Teanha that he was feeling rough, an ambulance was called and he passed away not long after.
I feel truly blessed to have had this giant of a man in my life and will forever treasure the memories made with him. I am especially grateful to have been able to have visited with him and spent time with him during this past weekend of Scarborough faire.
As I have been making phone calls this morning letting people know I am beginning to realize how many people have been touched by him. Every call I make reminds me of other people I need to call. Every person I tell not only knows Scol but was touched by him in some way.
A great man walked among us for a time and I feel blessed to have known him.

Please keep T and the family in your thoughts and prayers as they work through this difficult time.
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

wyckdblyss

He will be greatly missed...he was such a beautiful soul and I personally consider myself blessed to have known him.
WyckdBlyss,
Royal Order of Lansharks Guppy No. 70

Taffy Saltwater

God rest him well & bless Lady T.

Sveethot!

Blue66669

He will be greatly missed.

Love and Light to Teahna and the rest of the family in their time of need, as well as to the many friends and fellow Gnomes and Gnomies who are hurting now.
Blaidd Drwg

DonaCatalina

Rest well gentle friend....you will be missed by many. :'(

Lady Teanha ....our thoughts go out to you.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Messyn McCleavage

I feel lucky and blessed to have been able to see him one last time. He went from one magical place (Scarby) to another, but I wasn't ready for him to leave so soon. I miss you already Scol.  :'(
Gneonach Gnomie - SW Houston, TX

Sonata

I'm tremendously grateful that I was able to spend some time with him this weekend at Scarby, and still keep catching myself thinking of things and reminding myself to tell him.

Nothing will be the same without him  :'(
Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape. Terry Pratchett

Queen Bonnie

I was so saddened and sorry to hear this news. He will be greatly missed. My thoughts go out to his family.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Capt. Bacardi

He will be greatly missed. It is hard to think I will not see him when I come down to TRF....... :'(
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Spanish_Peacock

Very sad news indeed.
We shared a bit of banter at the faire last year and agreed  there was no finer place to be.

Vaya con Dios Papagnome.

"He who shall, so shall he who!"
-Puke & Snot

Macintyre

I never met him, but i hear he was a really nice guy and will missed by many.

eloquentXI

The only words I have ever heard about Papagnome was the love he shared with so many people. The heavens just gained a bright star.

My heart goes out to the DG family, both near and far.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Thomas Eagle

al;kagiojao[gvniagn;aegvnae;gvnejklgv;djk...............is what has been going on in my head.......

Sadness and confusion...........

I'm really wish I could have seen the armor he wanted to create..........

Good man........

sigh..........
Honorary Member of the B.S. Crew
Teller of "Memorable" Stories  "Ding" & "D/A"
Part-time Camp Organizer

LadyTrinn

Rest in peace my friend, my Brother. I miss you already.
I like this place and could willingly waste my time in it~As You Like It~W. Shakespeare~

Muffin

My heart goes out to all of you, and his family..

I am so sorry for your loss...
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette