News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

RENPOCALYPSE III at MDRF

Started by Count Adolfo, April 07, 2009, 12:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count Adolfo

OK, everyone... in coordination with Rendezvous, M'Crack Family Gathering and all the other events going on this coming Labour Day weekend... there will also be a grand and spectacular (and hopefully funny as all get-out) happening known as:

Renpocalypse III

This one is gonna be special.  For those of you who are not in the know, please allow me to explain...

The Concept of The Four Horsemen of the Renpocalypse came about on February 14th, 2008
It originated from a mere coincidence and has taken on a life of its own... and now MDRF will be hosting the next incarnation... and, of course, most bespectacled version yet, of this event.

Renpocalypse:  When all four Horsemen gather at any Faire.

The first time this happened was at TnRF 2008 (also in conjunction with Rendezvous) and it consisted of all four horsemen and our illustrious Babylon the Great... but we were missing the Harbinger and a couple of the Consorts.  We also had only one day when all Four Horsemen were on site.
The second time this happened was just a few weeks ago at BARF and it consisted of all four horsemen and our Harbinger... but we were missing Babylon the Great and a couple of the Consorts.

Well, we all know that MDRF never does JUST THE BARE MINIMUM... so at Renpocalypse III there will be the VERY FIRST EVER gathering of all Four Horsemen, their Consorts, the Harbinger and, of course, Babylon the Great!

We'll be shooting a podcast that will be a lot of fun and please, by all means, stop by and see if we can incorporate your help into it if you'll be there that weekend.  It's going to be a LOT of fun... as we take a mundane girl and turn her into a rennie!!!

Also, there'll be photo ops... so if you'd like your picture taken with the Horsemen, the Consorts, the Harbinger, Babylon, all of us... we'll be doing some really cool scenes and I'm sure they'll make great photos.

Finally... I'd like to thank Scotsman for providing us this space to advertise the event and for coordinating with us on it... make sure everyone buys him an ale when you see him  ;D

Blue66669

Babylon checking in...

Oh god, what did I sign up for...
Blaidd Drwg

Lord Dragonspyre

S'okay, though, 'cause we loves ya!

Okay, Horseman of Debauchery, checking in!
Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

Scotsman

Welcome to our little home ... I would say "keep it clean" but I know I would be wasting my words.
Seriously, glad to have you here ... let the games begin.  :o
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lord Dragonspyre

Quote from: Scotsman on April 07, 2009, 01:18:44 PM
Welcome to our little home ... I would say "keep it clean" but I know I would be wasting my words.
Seriously, glad to have you here ... let the games begin.  :o

Keep it clean? The Horseman of Debauchery?

Surely you jest!

We shall endeavor to keep it at least somewhat presentable, if a bit uncouth. Best you can hope for...
Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

Count Adolfo

Well I, the Horseman of Romance, can not only keep it clean, I can make it flowery and grandiose...
but if I make it too grandiose, Ulfric, the Horseman of Haughtiness... and Lupa, the Consort of Conceit... will surely think I am speaking of them...

Blue66669

Quote from: Count Adolfo on April 07, 2009, 01:29:05 PM
Well I, the Horseman of Romance, can not only keep it clean, I can make it flowery and grandiose...
but if I make it too grandiose, Ulfric, the Horseman of Haughtiness... and Lupa, the Consort of Conceit... will surely think I am speaking of them...

Nothing a little flame couldn't take care of....

*lights a cigarette from the fire in her palms*
Blaidd Drwg

Hector

And for the rest of us attending during the auspicious event (barring any 'canes in Fla.), we shall be documenting the event and the pubs!
-

Lupa

Lupa checking in... as if I really need to :).
Goddess of the Grove
DoRT
MDRF FoF Charter Member
IWG #3576
IFoRP #1360
FOKTOP Inquisitor
Cheer'n M'Crack

Count Adolfo

Quote from: Lupa on April 15, 2009, 02:22:20 PM
Lupa checking in... as if I really need to :).

No... no, you don't.
We all know you're here  :o ;)

Count Adolfo

It is with great sadness that I write... that there likely will not be a RenPocalypse at MDRF this season.
Recent developments have conspired to prevent a gathering of all four Horsemen.  I'm not 100% certain, but it would at least appear that LJ will not be in attendance.  There'll be more info to come, I'm sure... LJ can confirm that he will not be able to make it... but right now, it would certainly seem to be unlikely.

Should this be the case and we end up flying to MD in "Missing Man Formation", I suggest we make the most of the situation, after all, we'll be Three Horsemen, Harbinger, a few Consorts and, of course, Babylon.
I have a few ideas for some little fun 'events' that we may be able to throw in there... that'll be funny and fun, all at the same time

Once again, still waiting on final confirmation from LJ that this is the case, but wanted to give a heads up that this will likely be the case...
:'(