News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Started by A Poor Player, April 07, 2009, 03:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Poor Player

Father, Son Team Up with (executioner's) Axe to Grind

(Manheim, PA) Arethusa (Pronounced Ar-eh-thoose–a), Central New York Renaissance Group, will be new performers this season at the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire, named one of the Top 100 Events in North America by the American Bus Association. The father-and-son duo is famous for their improvisational skill as strolling players at Renaissance Fairs.

They often kick off their stage performances with their song Loxley's Bow, in which T. Virgil Parker plays two English flutes at the same time, and T. Blake Parker plays the Irish bodhran. They then perform on many instruments ranging from the Peruvian Tarka to the guitar lute, even the African talking drum. Also known for painting 'musical portraits' of people, anyone will be 'automatically rendered most fondly in song" in exchange for a wink and a curtsey, according to T. Virgil Parker.

Arethusa member T. Blake Parker, an Honor Student and official 18th Century rudimentary drummer at Fort Stanwix National Monument, often uses a medieval executioner's axe as a percussive instrument.

Arethusa, named after a nymph in Greek mythology who turned into a fountain from which poets drank for inspiration, are recording their first album at the celebrated J.A Castle Recording Studio in Utica, NY.
Their unique blend of period music can be heard at http://myspace.com/arethusagroup.

BubbleWright

I bid thee welcome and look forward to seeing you at the Shire of Mt. Hope. Begging your pardon, I took the liberty of cross posting your introduction on the PaRenFaire Netters Forum, a group dedicated to all things at the PaRenFaire...........  Felix the Bubble Wright
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

A Poor Player

We thank thee, and hope that the powers grant thee the joy of thy bubbles!

McGuinness

Welcome to Mt. Hope. Its always nice to get fresh blood on the shire. See you on the streets!

bradenmac

I thought he was going to break into a verse of "Sympathy for the Devil".... :D

A Poor Player