News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

John Levique and Sarasota Medieval Faire...

Started by Jade Sapphire Emerald, April 08, 2009, 09:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esperanza McDaniels

John Levique is two days after my birthday.  I can't think of a more fun way to enjoy my 32nd birthday.  Does anyone ever stay in any of the hotels across the street?  I'm thinking that may be the way to go, since we live in Lakeland and driving to St. Pete on the weekend, down I-4 and then 275, can be QUITE a lengthy drive.  Maybe if we all stay at the same hotel, we can get a group discount?   ;D
Esperanza McDaniels
Pilot for The Harbinger

Bite'n Penny
Cruise Director of The Clan O'Conchobhair

Jade Sapphire Emerald

Would anyone really be up for going to the Food and Wine festival in garb? David and I are loving the idea, and he's actually looking to go camping some time soon up there and we starting thinking we could bring our garb and meet up with everyone...just a thought...thought it'd be fun!
-Formerly Emerald Rogue-
-AKA Jaden Karr-

Seamus Ex Machina

Quote from: Jade Sapphire Emerald on April 08, 2009, 06:19:44 PM
Would anyone really be up for going to the Food and Wine festival in garb? David and I are loving the idea, and he's actually looking to go camping some time soon up there and we starting thinking we could bring our garb and meet up with everyone...just a thought...thought it'd be fun!

Might wanna call first, love....The Disney Juggernaut might take it the wrong way if'n you show up and the rest of the 'guests' think you are part of the show..  I think it would be great fun.   But they may have control issues...

But hey, John's Pass will be in a coupla months!
Legendary Hellraiser

Squire Mickey

Does anyone know how one might become part of the cast for John Levique? Are they looking for anyone? Captain Anne?
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Kate

Quote from: Squire Mickey on April 09, 2009, 02:16:27 PM
Does anyone know how one might become part of the cast for John Levique? Are they looking for anyone? Captain Anne?

Umm, Mickey, Love, you can't drink if you're on cast.

What ARE you thinking?!?!  :-P
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Squire Mickey

Quote from: Kate on April 09, 2009, 02:58:27 PM

Umm, Mickey, Love, you can't drink if you're on cast.

What ARE you thinking?!?!  :-P

No, what ARGGHHHH ya thinkin'
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Escarlata

There's also Camelot Days in November, south of FlaRF.

LJ's right, Lady of the Lakes is a great faire, first of the season down here and many of the merchants and performers making it their first southern stop. LotL's us up here with us, north of Orlando.

Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Sir LJ

On a Sunday at 10 AM (ish) walking by the beer cart and the bartenders raise holy smoke signals to Seamus and I that WE have not been there yet this AM at Lady of the Lakes! I was only there for 1/2 of the day before! We even had our own plastic cups, with our names on it so they did not need to throw any out as the beer was poured for us. Hey, we were helping out the environment! I know Seamus and I negotiated extra weekends instead of just one. Not sure if it worked, but we had the Ben Kenobi thing at least in theory working.
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

The Red Horseman / Marine'n M'Crack

Madge Estes

Don't know if they're going to do open cast call this year.  Will find out.

And unlike ren fest, we drink unless we are fighting or firing weapons... hehehe.

Live so your dreams recognize you.

Anna Iram

Arrrr...it's good to be a Pirate.  ;D

For anyone who's not been to John's Pass, be sure to stop in to the wine shop there. The sell a killer meade. Cant' think of the name just now, bu they'll give you a sample if you ask. About $45 but so good.

Madge Estes

Live so your dreams recognize you.

Anna Iram

mmmm..may have to do a little more 'sploring in the aisles while I'm there.  :)

Jade Sapphire Emerald

This information on the wine has made me start to ask my mom to go! And the Key Lime Wine sounds great!
-Formerly Emerald Rogue-
-AKA Jaden Karr-

Squire Mickey

Quote from: Madge Estes on April 11, 2009, 10:46:03 AM
Don't know if they're going to do open cast call this year.  Will find out.

And unlike ren fest, we drink unless we are fighting or firing weapons... hehehe.

Please let me know if you are indeed opening up cast calls. That sounds like something that I would very much love to participate in. I came to open auditions for BARF but never made it past the sign in when I saw how much time I would not be able to be there.

One weekend though, that I can do and I have missed doing any theatre of any kind for the last many years. It would do my heart good to get back into anything I could, and as a pirate, well, I have been a practicing for the last 7 weeks or so... ;) :) ;D
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Ambios

William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214