News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

John Levique Pirate Days 2009

Started by Anna Iram, April 09, 2009, 10:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madge Estes

An' ya think THAT makes it better?!?  :o >:(

;D
Live so your dreams recognize you.

Squire Mickey

Quote from: Madge Estes on April 29, 2009, 07:22:40 PM
Hang ya, cutter, when ya last took me bottle of rum, ya told me it were for yer patient, as a pain killer an' all.  Now I see ye've been enjoying the effects yerself!

Quote from: Ambios on April 28, 2009, 05:40:55 PM
'Tis true, Seamus, 'tis true....ye'll nae be missin' me this year.....I'm t'be surgeon fer Anne's crew, an 'ave NO intentions of needin' a physician nor hospital this year fer m'self, don'ye ken!  I intend t'be there in full vigor...sep'n o'course once I been in the rum rations to often....  ::) :D

**PSSST**

I gots me plenty more, jus fer us, ifn' ye please...
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Ambios

Quote from: Madge Estes on April 29, 2009, 08:24:00 PM
An' ya think THAT makes it better?!?  :o >:(

;D

well, a lad can always be hopin? <prepares ta dive into the dingy>  I were thinkin ye'd approve of me carousin....or at least understand!  ::) ;)  Notice I DID mention Deli  :o
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214
God Save My Sis...(oops) The Queen

Madge Estes

I don't mind the carousin', man, just as long as ye're not usin' all my rum to prime yerself!

And Mickey Flint, I'd be honored to share a nip o' rum wit ye...
Live so your dreams recognize you.

MargaretheDietrich

Quote from: Visconte Vincente on April 28, 2009, 11:12:03 AM
Greetings Crewe,

As many of you know, i will not be at John Levique this year, as Thomas Thompson (Tom Tom the Navigator) or as a playtron, as things stand now.  I would like to wish those of you who grown to know as my crew and fellow cast members a very successful production.  Knock 'em dead.  Besides for those of you who know me, yo know that I belong in a blue coat and would rather hang all you bloody pirates, LOL.

Cordially,
Ryan C.

Just don't hang the Harlots! ;-) Miss you "little (although in reality MUCH taller than me) bro"!  :-*

MargaretheDietrich

Quote from: Madge Estes on May 01, 2009, 09:35:16 AM
I don't mind the carousin', man, just as long as ye're not usin' all my rum to prime yerself!

Well you know that Miss Bonney ALWAYS has a nice comfortable spot with the IHOT girls! ;-)

Ambios

Quote from: Madge Estes on May 01, 2009, 09:35:16 AM

Un'rstood, Cap'n...I'll try t'remember t'stay outa yer private stock!  :D

William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214
God Save My Sis...(oops) The Queen

Squire Mickey

Well, Scurvy Prevention has come and gone, but twas a fine appetizer fer John Levique.

I know I be lookin' forward to me first John Levique Festival. Now, fer the small party at the Pirate Cove, the place was packed and parking was a challenge. Now I be thinkin' that fer the festival in June this will be 10 times more of a consideration.

Fer ye experienced with these uncharted shores, what be yer suggestion for finding good anchorage? (Sorry Joann - What are good parking strategies  ;D)

BTW, here be a bit of a preview from Scurvy Prevention...

Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Seamus Ex Machina

Aye, Mickey...it be the suck....

All hands on deck at around 9 bells in th' morn....or you'll be paying good money and walking 3 blocks fer the privilege of partyin' with us...

The fun starts early, goes all day, and continues well into the evening!   Drink plenty of water...
Legendary Hellraiser

MargaretheDietrich

Or get there as early as possible and get a spot in the parking garage by the , always delicious, Friendly Fisherman. You can pay to park there all day and you are a short stumble to the pubs! (Literally right across the street.)

Squire Mickey

I just got an email from Suzanne King, the event coordinator. Here is the schedule she sent me...

John Levique Pirate Days VIII
Friday, June 12th, 3pm-11pm
Saturday, June 13th, Noon-8pm
Sunday, June 14th, 10am-6pm

Friday, June 6th:

3-7pm:  (Pending) 102.5 The Bone Live Radio Remote at Delosa's New York Pizza!
   Get Primed for the Ball! Budweiser Promo & Give-A-Ways!

6pm: Captains Meeting @ VFW Post 4256
Get all the pertinent info on the 8th Annual Invasion of John's Pass Village!

7-11 pm: Pirates Ball
Hosted by: VFW Post 4256
12901 Gulf Blvd. Madeira Beach, 33708
$10.00 Donation includes:
   Adult Only Admission to the Ball
   Heavy Hors d'oeuvres
   Musical Entertainment
   Entry into the Adults Only Costume Contest
7pm: Silent Auction Begins

Entertainment:  Terry & The Pirates

8pm: Feast Begins!  Heavy Hors d'oeuvres
9:30pm: Introduction of Pirate Crewe Captains
10:00pm: Adults Only Costume Contest
    Prize Packages valued at $200-$600 (Sponsored by local merchants)
11:00pm: Silent Auction Winners Announced

Ongoing Activities: Saturday and Sunday

Hurricane Awareness: To get folks ready for hurricane season, the hurricane awareness area will be laden with detailed information and ice cold A/C! Sponsored by Lowes, Service Master Clean and Project Safety.

Fisherman Lost At Sea:  Chance drawing and silent Auction.

Florida Blood Services: Blood Donations

Sea Traders Market.  Purchase piratical wares and tasty treats from a variety of unique marketeers! The Sea Traders Market will have ample piratical wares and trinkets to trade!  Purchase costumes, accessories and authentic pirate articles and a variety of tasty morsels from over 50 piratical vendors and artisans!  There is plenty of pirate treasure to be found in the many shops of John's Pass Village as well! There will be a bounty of food, drink and entertainment, and costumes are encouraged!

FREE back issue of PIRATES MAGAZINE with subscription.

Noon-6pm (10-4 Sun)- Family Treasure Hunt:
FREE! Begins and ends at Windworks. Families search for treasure at participating Merchants throughout John's Pass Village! When all the treasure has been collected, families can enter to win the Grand Prize, a treasure chest full of loot donated by the John's Pass Merchants! Limited to the first 500 children. Everyone takes home trinkets. One Grand Prize winner only.

Various Stage Entertainment: Piratical Merriment for all ages! Various Acts & Entertainers throughout the village: Performers include, the West Coast Mutineers, Marooned, ARRR, Ink., Bone Island Buccaneers, For Love or Money, Holland Days,  Travelers Hold. PLUS... Many more.

Pub Crawl: Tickets will be available at the Pirates Ball, and during the event until sold out.Limited to 100 tickets! Ticket includes TWELVE stop crawl, including a Special Edition T-shirt!  Leisurely and ongoing, throughout the weekend.

Water Taxi: TBA

Saturday, June 7th:

10am-9pm: FREE parking and shuttle from Madeira Beach Middle School.

! HIGH NOON: Pirate Ship Invasion and Sea Battle
Who will win Sea Battle VI!? Prepare to get wet

Noon -8pm: Pub Crawl: Ongoing

Noon-6pm- Family Treasure Hunt

Noon-8pm: Sea Traders Market & food vendors

4:30 pm- Children's Costume Contest: At Windworks. Sponsored by Overhead Surf Shop, Windworks and Thing's Etc... Three Winners. All participants will receive a prize.

8:00pm- Fire Show with Bohemian Fire

8:00pm- Flotilla Awards Ceremony @ Friendly's Pirate Cove

Sunday, June 8th; 

10am-6pm: Festival Opens

10am -8pm: Pub Crawl: Ongoing

10am-4pm- Family Treasure Hunt continues...

Various Stage Entertainment:

1pm- Street Parade: begins at Treasure Island City Hall @ 108th Ave.   Proceeds  north on Gulf Blvd, across the John's Pass Bridge..to John's Pass Plaza/John's Way...down Boardwalk Place, towards Don's Dock...around the bend and disperses on Pelican Lane.

4:30pm: Grand Prize Treasure Hunt Drawing at Windworks. Win the Mother Lode!

6:00pm: Festival Closes

7:00pm: VIP Party- Sponsored by Bamboo Beer Garden.     

Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

MargaretheDietrich

And that schedule does NOT include the fight circle, commercial fights or the bar brawl.
Be sure to head down to the Spice and Tea Traders while you're there. They're awesome!

calien

That  is indeed  the sqd  from  JL  year  7  and the dates  changed  to  year  8   

MargaretheDietrich

This was just posted on myspace..
Once again, fight show isn't listed. But I don't even think that those of us on the cast have that yet!
As soon as we get it, we'll post it!
Can't wait to see everyone!
Captain Mickey- Look for Magnolia/Peaches the "Southern Belle Harlot" so that we can finally meet in person! ;-)
Seamus, I'm expecting a hug from both you AND your lovely wife!

Friday, June 12th, 3pm-11pm
Saturday, June 13th, Noon-8pm
Sunday, June 14th, 10am-6pm

Friday, June 12th:

3-7pm: (Pending) 102.5 The Bone Live Radio Remote at Delosa's New York Pizza!
Get Primed for the Ball! Budweiser Promo & Give-A-Ways!

6pm: Captains Meeting @ VFW Post 4256
Get all the pertinent info on the 8th Annual Invasion of John's Pass Village!

7-11 pm: Pirates Ball
Hosted by: VFW Post 4256
12901 Gulf Blvd. Madeira Beach, 33708
$10.00 Donation includes:
Adult Only Admission to the Ball
Heavy Hors d'oeuvres
Musical Entertainment
Entry into the Adults Only Costume Contest
7pm: Silent Auction Begins
Entertainment:
Terry & The Pirates
8pm: Feast Begins!
Heavy Hors d'oeuvres
9:30pm: Introduction of Pirate Crewe Captains
10:00pm: Adults Only Costume Contest
Prize Packages valued at $200-$600 (Sponsored by local merchants)
11:00pm: Silent Auction Winners Announced

Ongoing Activities: Saturday and Sunday

Hurricane Awareness: To get folks ready for hurricane season, the hurricane awareness area will be laden with detailed information and ice cold A/C! Sponsored by Lowes, Service Master Clean and Project Safety.

Fisherman Lost At Sea: Chance drawing and silent Auction.

Florida Blood Services: Blood Donations

Sea Traders Market. Purchase piratical wares and tasty treats from a variety of unique marketeers! The Sea Traders Market will have ample piratical wares and trinkets to trade! Purchase costumes, accessories and authentic pirate articles and a variety of tasty morsels from over 50 piratical vendors and artisans! There is plenty of pirate treasure to be found in the many shops of John's Pass Village as well! There will be a bounty of food, drink and entertainment, and costumes are encouraged!

FREE back issue of PIRATES MAGAZINE with subscription.

Noon-6pm (10-4 Sun)- Family Treasure Hunt:
FREE! Begins and ends at Windworks. Families search for treasure at participating Merchants throughout John's Pass Village! When all the treasure has been collected, families can enter to win the Grand Prize, a treasure chest full of loot donated by the John's Pass Merchants! Limited to the first 500 children. Everyone takes home trinkets. One Grand Prize winner only.

Various Stage Entertainment: Piratical Merriment for all ages! Various Acts & Entertainers throughout the village: Performers include, the West Coast Mutineers, Marooned, ARRR, Ink., Bone Island Buccaneers, For Love or Money, Holland Days, Travelers Hold. PLUS... Many more.

Pub Crawl: Tickets will be available at the Pirates Ball, and during the event until sold out.Limited to 100 tickets! Ticket includes TWELVE stop crawl, including a Special Edition T-shirt! Leisurely and ongoing, throughout the weekend.

Water Taxi: TBA

Saturday, June 13th:

10am-9pm: FREE parking and shuttle from Madeira Beach Middle School.

11am: Kayak Race- What About Blue from Hubbard's Marina and GoFishTampa.com from Don's Dock

! HIGH NOON: Pirate Ship Invasion and Sea Battle
Who will win Sea Battle VI!? Prepare to get wet

Noon -8pm: Pub Crawl: Ongoing

Noon-6pm- Family Treasure Hunt

Noon-8pm: Sea Traders Market & food vendors

2pm – 5pm: Bag Bro's Corn-Toss Tournament @ Don's Dock

4:30 pm- Children's Costume Contest: At Windworks. Sponsored by Overhead Surf Shop, Windworks and Thing's Etc... Three Winners. All participants will receive a prize.

6pm - 7pm: Sun Drummers & Dancers with Hula Monsters- @ Don's Dock

8:00pm- Fire Show with Bohemian Fire @ The Fight Circle

8:00pm- Flotilla Awards Ceremony @ Friendly's Pirate Cove

Sunday, June 14th;

10am-6pm: Festival Opens

10am -8pm: Pub Crawl: Ongoing

10am-4pm- Family Treasure Hunt continues...

Various Stage Entertainment:

1pm-2pm Street Parade: begins at Treasure Island City Hall @ 108th Ave. Proceeds north on Gulf Blvd, across the John's Pass Bridge..to John's Pass Plaza/John's Way...down Boardwalk Place, towards Don's Dock...around the bend and disperses on Pelican Lane.

4:30pm: Grand Prize Treasure Hunt Drawing at Windworks. Win the Mother Lode!

6:00pm: Festival Closes

pktaxwench

*delurking*

I am so excited.  I just booked my airfare from Colorado to return home to Tampa for the weekend of John Levique.  I'm giving up opening weekend of of Colorado's Faire to come play pirate with you all.   And you know what?  I'm perfectly OK with that.  Even if I'm not fighting this show, I'm so excited to be around such awesome people again.  :D

I'll be running around as the only member of the cast dressed as a Disney pirate.  I'll be crossdressing as a certain dreadlocked rum-soaked captain, recognizing I'll be taking lots of abuse from all the 'real' historical pirates.   I'm looking forward to this more than I can describe ... this is going to be a show to remember!

OK, going back to lurking now....

*vanishes*