News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

TWIG 2009 - No Dregs

Started by atysmee01, April 09, 2009, 02:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atysmee01

Hey folks,

We got notification last night that The Dregs will not be performing at TWIG this year. 

I know this is a tough year financially for many enterprises, and I hope the Faire is still able to offer a wide variety of fine performers as they have each year.

We'll apply again for 2010, at the very least...

Deirdre O'Dison
Resident Whiner of Mac's Pub
Old Maid in the Garrett

Capt. Bacardi

Well that bites, wonder who else they have cut?
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Noble Dreg

Sad to hear it...but I will admit Twig has done a great job of finding talent in the past.  I think if we want to see the Dregs in 2010 we need to support this little fair in tough economic times.  With the loss of the Wisc. fair I'm just glad they are still having one!

"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

renren

Yoink! I'll miss you guys! :'(
Are any of you attending?
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

DeadBishop

WHAT???

Well that just bites... :-\

R/F.com member since 2003

lady serena

Quote from: Noble Dreg on April 09, 2009, 07:46:20 PM
Sad to hear it...but I will admit Twig has done a great job of finding talent in the past.  I think if we want to see the Dregs in 2010 we need to support this little fair in tough economic times.  With the loss of the Wisc. fair I'm just glad they are still having one!

Gonna miss you this year. :'(

But as Noble Dreg says, we need to help this little fair so we can make it bigger and better for next year.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

Goody

Well, I'm not over it yet!! The Dreg's have been at OWRF for the last 7? yrs. I am crushed. Wanna come out to play with us then??

Goody

Well, RenRen and I went to the Twig mtg on Sat. We expressed our dismay over no Dreg's for 2009. We were assured that it was a hard decision and to add different entertainment this year changes had to be made (also no Instanpitta). While I am big into music and Dreg's and Instanpitta are the first thing that I go to at Twig, the board had to consider what is an overall draw for attendees of OWRF. The above comments ring true about supporting this faire. If you want to see something different or you like what they are doing, there is always a comment area in the program.

To see what is scheduled for 2009 Olde World Renaissance Faire: 

http://www.owrenfaire.com/    click on "Events"

Dayna

Wow, lots of familiar faces, guess I'd better get myself up there, now I just need to find a cheap hotel.

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Noble Dreg

I'll probably have my arse tossed over the castle wall for asking this but...If the same acts at MNRF are at Twig why go to Twig?  I mean I truely love the Dregs, one of the highlights of my MNRF experience...But the highlight of the Twig experience is that it is NOT MNRF!  I looked at the events as Goody suggested and it appears to be a good balance. I look forward to the time away from MNRF, as I look forward to Mac's Pub and another great show with the Dregs!  I shall be there, maybe even with bells on!
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Leyla

Just out of curiosity, when discussing entertainment did they by any chance come up with a better belly dance troupe? 

renren

Quote from: Leyla on April 15, 2009, 03:26:16 AM
Just out of curiosity, when discussing entertainment did they by any chance come up with a better belly dance troupe? 
Not that I heard, but I didn't stay for the whole meeting.. Mostly, they talked about the jousting thing, and we expressed our dissappointment with the "no dregs".
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Captain Jack Wolfe

Quote from: Noble Dreg on April 13, 2009, 06:59:33 PM... I shall be there, maybe even with bells on!

I'm not so sure we want you tinkling in Mac's, Dreg...   :o ;D
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

MissBubu

At O'Gara's Garage this weekend! The Trashbin Troubadors, The Tim Malloys, The Durty Nellys and The Dregs sing and drink (not necessarily in that order) on a Saturday nigh! $6 cover, 21+

Date: Saturday, June 13, 2009
Time: 9:00pm - 11:55pm
Street: 164 Snelling Ave N.
City/Town: Saint Paul, MN

Those of us at Twig will have to miss it, but those of you near St. Paul can get your Dregs fix.

Goody

I will certainly miss not having the Dregs at Twig, howerver I got my fix last weekend at Siouxland!