News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

R/F.com Theme?

Started by DeadBishop, May 08, 2008, 01:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which color scheme do you prefer?

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4

NaughtyMage

OK, here we go! A different kind of phoenix...

DeadBishop

LOL....I need coffee before reading this kind of stuff.

R/F.com member since 2003

DuCoeur

Why not the old R/F logo, but rising from the Flames.  Flames licking at the shield but not burning.  I think it shows the resiliancey(sp) of us rennies.

What do you think??  A bit of the old to go with the new?
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Mad Irish

I had to look twice at the "Phoenix" AZ logo.  Great Laugh!! :D

DeadBishop

Cobaltblu

Quote from: DB on May 13, 2008, 06:49:19 PM

DB,

I love it.  I wonder if it is possible to make the limited edition pins slightly larger than the normal ones?  Or would that be too difficult?  Perhaps a half inch taller and then whatever increase in width required to keep the relative proportions the same.

I think the key is keeping it clearly recognizable a RF.com pin.

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

DeadBishop

Sorry we got kinda sidetracked on logos when this thread was specifically about the actual look of the forum itself, hence the voting poll.  Any further discussion about R/F pins will be in the dedicated thread.

Sir Francis Drake

Quote from: NaughtyMage on May 13, 2008, 08:10:04 AM
D'oh! Oh well, I'll have to design another logo then, maybe something with pink unicorns and magical tapirs or something...
ressurectey...

Is that even a word anywhere else but in Mage's mind???  ;D
Master of the Golden Hinde
Captain-General of The Brotherhood of the Waves
In Service to HRM Queen Elizabeth I

Lord Clisto of York

I like number 2. Dark forums are hard on the eye most times. And, just so you know "I didn't do it!!!" LOL....
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Leyla

I vote against the black/dark colors as well.  Too hard to read, and kinda depressing.  :D

Thanks for letting us give input!

*wanders off to find dedicated pin thread*

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Quote from: NaughtyMage on May 13, 2008, 08:59:28 AM
OK, here we go! A different kind of phoenix...

OK so born South of the RF, went to elementary school for a while to the Right of the F and Dad lives to the Left of the R. 

*Looks around at her fellow R/Fer's* Yippers, I'm at the right place. 

edited to add:  ***oops, sorry DB, saw your post after I posted.  Kindly move to correct thread please, somebody, anybody...a little trigger happy over here...***
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Terry Griffith

That's why I missed this forum so much.  Talented and creative people with a sense of humor.

It's also interesting that all these people chime in about not liking the dark background but number 3 is getting the most votes.  I'm sure DB will set it up so you can choose which ever you like.  I prefer the dark background because the white screen is what is harsh and hard on the eyes.  Depressing should be determined by the content, not the look.

I do miss seeing the faces of friends on top.  Even though they are seen over and over, I still smile when someone I know shows up.  I hope someday we can have that feature back.

Oh, and how about a spel chek?
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

DeadBishop

Okay, finally added the other themes that you can choose from.   :)

max and kate

We like the lighter look, maybe larger text. ::)
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Terry Griffith

God, yes.  Larger and bold like Max and Kate's post.  I haven't seen anybody mention that but some did say their eyes were not what they used to be so they didn't like the black background.  White on black helps a bit but the font is so small that it's a strain to read.

I know you can change the font size but you have to do it on every post.  A larger font should be the default.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"