News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Loveland Castle Knight's Tourney Weekend

Started by Ariyana the hugging wench, April 09, 2009, 09:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariyana the hugging wench

make sure to say hi, and remind me who you are if I am totally distracted, which is possible since it is now almost 1:30 am and I am still gathering things and have to be up really early.. sigh

Windhawke

I really enjoyed talking to you and meeting your little ones.

Oh sweetie I enjoyed it too. It was just that parts weren't filtering into my brain right which was another sign it was time to leave. Today I am finally starting to feel like me again. This whole can't handle heat thing is most annoying.. and I don't think I had any hot flashes on Saturday (Those make it soo much worse)
Breena was asleep before we got to the road to go up. I had predicted by the top of the hill but she didn't even make it to the hill.. and slept through a trip upstairs, getting undressed, washed up some, put in jammies and tucked into her bed! and she slept until 9:30 in the morning. She was way beyond burned out that day
{{{hugs}}} till we see you again...

Hey guys, just an update... the upcoming July 11th Knight's tourney, we have the castle afterwards for the night after all (as well as the August 8th date)

For entertainment, July 11th will be JAM PACKED!!
We will have Tanner and Friends, Plus our own Knights, Plus the ancient hounds, Plus a pirate comedy and fighting show (and possibly some piratical music as well!) and a Fabulous Jester most recently seen at the Arizona faire! I am thinking there might even be more than I am listing, perhaps our own Sir Humphrey will pop in and add in any I may have missed?
It may turn out to be a day with music around the corners and comedy and action filling our garden , plus the lovely drop by performances up front by the gate (because we must keep our gate workers happy and entertained! ;))
We will also be visited by those from the "future" aka a local steampunk gathering. They just add to the fun!

Hoping to see MANY of you there!!! Remember still only $3 a person for all this fun!

We will also have Belly dancer this month as well! and the steampunk guys may stay and hang out after the tourney with us aas we get to stay and play at the castle afterwards...
come play with us it will be a fun packed day!

Old Tinker

dearest Ariyana and all, me's just want'd to lat all know that me Belle and me will be go'n to see the Knights tournament and other fest'tivities on Aug.8th, this come'n Sat. we hope to be there most of the day (well, our next fest'n will not be until the third weekend of OHRF, the R/F Invasion. that seems a long way off since we just finish'd a two month run at KYHRF.  ;D ).
this will be our first visit to the "Castle" that is not a "Castleteer Gather'n". we plan to get a more in-depth look at each and every room of the "Castle" ( "Castleteer Gather'ns seem to always keep us busy do'n other things at the "Castle".  :o  ), along with see'n our Knights preform. Garb'd as always, we can not wait to see our "Captain", and pay our respects to him and the Knights for all they do for me Belle and me.
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Reminding everyone that the next Knight's tourney is this coming Saturday, August 8th.
This month we have the Pickled Brothers, the Ancient Hounds, the Rabbit Hash belly dancers, Minstrel Woode, the Misplaced Laces, Owen "the darker Harper", Dill Havarti as our Jester for the day, as well as shows by our very own Knights of the Golden Trail for your enjoyment. There is even rumor of a pub sing of sorts! Plus we will have time travelers from the future as some steampunk friends come to picnic and relax in the gardens. And let's not forget our wonderful vendors!
That's a whole lot of wonderful entertainment for your $3!

Remember we do not have any real food available, there is water and pop for sale, a possibility fo some baked goods or fruits as well. But the grounds are perfect for a picnic and food is available just up the hill and you can some in and out the gate as you wish once you have paid and had your hand stamped!

Hoping to see many, many of you there!!! See You saturday!!
and Old Tinker and Belle will be there so come visit with them too!

John

humphrey

My apologies to everyone. The comment made by Laura in no way reflects my own true feelings. It was not authorized nor responsible. I personally started the gatherings in order to introduce the castle to an established group that, to me, seemed predisposed to the setting. And I believe it worked. Please accept my apologies, everyone, and please pay no attention to what others claim are my feelings.

Sir Larry

CapnFayeCutler

Thanks Humphrey for weighing in on this. I sadly I can't come up this weekend from TN bc my brother (a fellow Castleteer!) is closing on his house so I'm going to be painting most likely! :)

Faire weather, no rain...
Faire weather, no rain...

Many well wishes and hopes for lots of visitors this coming weekend! Huzzah!
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Avidd

would love to see pics or vid if anyone takes any.

WindChime

I try to get some pictures when I go. So I wil post them as soon as I can. I also will try to get more shots of the great gardens since they are never in bloom for Castleteer events.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

I just wanted to publicly apologize for causing trouble amongst the group. That was never my intent. I have really enjoyed meeting the people here that I have met and would never try to hurt any of you intentionally. I was in the wrong for posting what was not meant to be posted in public and I admit that and I again extend my sincere apologies. That is in no way my own opinion and I completely understand people with busy schedules and etc. I have a man, and children and a puppy and responsibilities all my own. So I know busy. This has torn at my heart and upset me more than I can tell you all week.
There is no real excuse for my not thinking enough when I posted, I should have gone with my first instinct not to post that night as I was tired and not clear minded...
in my not good enough defense...I can only say I have been very tired of late and the last 2 months have not been good one for me... my dad died may 24th... I know I am not handling that overly well, then we got some medical issues with Breena that have required many worries and many hassles trying to get her into the dr's etc... and while one has been cleared up the other still exists... and is still ongoing and it seems I have obstacles in my way everytime I try to get things moving on figuring it out and solving it sigh. add in a new puppy and my brain is so not working right...

again I apologize and offer hugs to anyone who may want them. If you shose to not talk to me.. I understand that too
Sorry, Ariyana

Old Tinker

our dear Ariyana, me Belle and me just want'd to thank thee. we's look forwar'd to your posts. they have kept us inform'd on the go'ins on's at the "Castle" and the Knights and thier tournaments.
tis nice to know how our friends are a'do'n.
see thee on the morrow,
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...

Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

WindChime

I can't wait to see everyone Saturday. ;D
This is one of the few things I have done that did not involve a Dr or hospital or tests being ran.
I just can't wait. ;D
Surgery may ruin ORF for me but at least I have the Castle to hobble around at , even if I have to be in a wheelchair I'm still gonna try to wonder around to see the gardens in full bloom.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF