News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Reminder: Loveland Castle Knight's Tourney Weekend!

Started by Ariyana the hugging wench, April 09, 2009, 09:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariyana the hugging wench

This coming weekend (yes it is taking place on easter weekend) is the first ever Knights Tourney weekend at Loveland castle, In Loveland, Ohio. www.lovelandcastle.com
There will be entertainment (The pickle brothers this saturday and the saturday in May as well! plus others to be announced.I hear rumors of possibly Minstrel Woode at some point in the future!)  there will be vendors and fun for everyone. Admission is only $3 but donations to the castle are always gratefully accepted!
This is the description ina direct quote from our Own Sir Humphrey, the organizer of the event...
"on the second weekend of april (the 11th and 12th) my idea for fighting the depression start. it is called the Knight's Tourney. it is a fund raiser without being a fund raiser. the second weekend of each month, april through september,  we are having a "mini faire". we open at 10 am and close at 6pm. we will have entertainment.....ie music, comedy and even swordfighting comedians that want to sing. also present will be various vendors some you may know, some you may not. we also will have some historical re=enactors around doing demonstrations. we wont have food or drink, but we have a great public picnic area (kiss off symmes township).......all for the normal price of admission to the castle, 3 bucks.   the shows will be hourly starting at 11am going til 5pm"
The knights of the Golden Trail will be doing the first show of the day and for beginers it is pretty good and even funny!

I plan to be there all this weekend and most of all the other scheduled weekends as a volunteer and whatever they need me to do! Come get some hugs!! Nurianna, the gypsy face painter,  will be there Saturday! Pirates Treasure and Journeyman leather are just 2 of the vendors I have heard about!

They will be doing this the 2nd saturday of every month May through September. (they have canceled doing it sundays at this point.)

Ariyana the hugging wench who wants you to come play at the castle with her!

Old Tinker

now there's a good "Castleteer", thee are so nice to let all know what is go'n on at Loveland Castle, Ohio. looks to be some fun events, and me Belle and me are make'n plans to attend a weekend, with all her family in tow, along with or young'uns and grand'young'uns.
be well dear fellow "Castleteer",
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Yeah for a visit from Tinker! Just pay attention to where they will be saturday's only after this weekend.
Let us know when you are coming up to visit!

(hmm I don't have a castleteer pin, guess I am only a partial castleteer! lol)
{{{hugs till we see you again}}}}

Sir Jim & Lady Helen

We went today and it was a lot of fun.  Weather was perfect.  Captain Humphrey and Sir Fred were their usual great hosts.  Good shows by Pickle Brothers, Greyhound rescue group and the knights of the Golden Trail.  I know tomorrow is Easter but if you have any free time and are in the area stop by.

Sir Jim & Lady Helen
Irish Penny Brigade
Castleteers
Lost Vikings
FOKTOPs
ROOL

Jim:
Ride Penny

Helen:
Spin Penny
IWG#3811 Local#57

WindChime

Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

Make your plans now! Who is going to come play with us on Saturday, May 9th?

For reference, The Pickled Brothers and Minstrel Woode will be performing.. ok well Travis.. and Jeff or Rowan. so half of each.. we just might have ourselves a wooden pickle? lol or maybe a Dill E of a day...? yeah I know bad jokes lol..

Plus we will have the ancient hounds, and the Knights themselves who now have 2 possible shows to perform! and I will be there.. at the front gate even to take your admission, stamp your hand and welcome you to the Castle! Bring a picnic and come stay for the day! All this for a bargain price of $3 each!

We are making plans as well to all head to dinner at some local restaurant (there are tons to choose from) in garb, of course, and then head back to hang at the castle after (when the wedding scheduled for that evening that is not havign thier reception there is over..) .

See you then!