News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2nd Weekend

Started by Kruzar, April 10, 2009, 02:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kruzar

Heading up to the faire this weekend... will be there on Saturday, and looking to have a great time.

This is my first time to this faire, but it looks like it will be a blast.

Will probably not be the last time I head up this season, since it is only about 2 hours from San Diego.  :)

Hope to see folks there... are there any gathering areas and such that I should know about?  Anything that is a must see?  What about this RenQuest stuff I saw on the site page...

It all looks to be good fun.
Gentleman Rogue

Carl Heinz

Sorry I missed your post.

Hope you had a good time.

I've not paid much attention to Renquest so can't tell you much about it other than there's a rather neat dragon lurking in a tree.

Gathering places tend to be outside front gate and food court.  FOF is a gathering place for members.

Judy and I were only there on Saturday.  Spent Easter with some faire friends (who also have dachshunds) at home.

We're planning to be there this weekend, but I'll probably be in cotton instead of wool since the temperature is supposed to be in the mid to upper 80's.  Look for the guy riding Lightning Scooter-Horse.  :)
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

Blushing

80's?!  Does that mean by mid May it will be even warmer?  I'm missing California.  Spring snow is no longer amusing.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Carl Heinz

It's supposed to be back in the high 60's to low 70's next weekend.  Wil probably stick to cotton instead of going back to wool, though.

One of the reports was that the on stage temp had reached over 100 on main stage.  I tended to find as much shade as possible.  :)

Grew up in Nebraska.  Don't need more snow.  Haven't touched a snow shovel in over 35 years.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

Luciana

Hmmm .. I'm sorry I missed this weekend. I will not make it there until the 3rd or so. I look forward to it.
Luciana
Gypsy Fur Trader
Ette,Divine Oracle

My goal in life is to be as good of a person
as my dog thinks I am.

Kruzar

I had a great time the 2nd weekend and I am really looking forward to going again.  I am not in FoF, but something that I am going to be looking into for next year.

We have Escondido this weekend (April 25th and 26th), but we are looking at going up the following weekend.  From the website it looks like there is supposed to be some wine tasting, which is what I am hoping for.

Anyways... hopefully I can meet some folks in the future up at the faire.

Gentleman Rogue

Luciana

Quote from: Kruzar on April 22, 2009, 04:14:53 PM
I had a great time the 2nd weekend and I am really looking forward to going again.  I am not in FoF, but something that I am going to be looking into for next year.

We have Escondido this weekend (April 25th and 26th), but we are looking at going up the following weekend.  From the website it looks like there is supposed to be some wine tasting, which is what I am hoping for.

Anyways... hopefully I can meet some folks in the future up at the faire.

I'll be at Escondido on Sunday with my daughter and on May 2nd or 3rd at RPFC. Is my birthday then and I know at least one more lady from the forum goes that weekend.
Luciana
Gypsy Fur Trader
Ette,Divine Oracle

My goal in life is to be as good of a person
as my dog thinks I am.