News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

4/10 Tornados - Please Report In!

Started by Captain Jack Wolfe, April 10, 2009, 06:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Jack Wolfe

For those of you in the Murfreesboro area, please let us know your status!  Also, any word on the faire site would be appreciated!
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

renfairephotog

Hey you made it before me. Then again, you didn't have to drive through rerouted traffic.
I'm here work was tenses for a while .

Haven't heard anything about faire site but from what I have heard it wasn't that far west.

The area where we saw POTC and where FestMum used to live has no power.
The area near Chef Wangs was hit, I don't if It was hit but there's damaged in that area. I just using it for a reference since you know where it is.I drove thompson lane/ murfreesboro rd area lots of damages there.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

renfairephotog

local news

http://www.wsmv.com/index.html
http://www.newschannel5.com/

According to Cell phone grape vine Stampedes was destroyed.
Fairy photographer

Captain Jack Wolfe

Thanks for the update, RFP!  Glad you hear you and yours are OK!
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Lady Nicolette

All is fine here...We had a tornado warning for my area, but nothing happened here.  Heard the news about Murfreesboro not long after it happened, being at work, lots of our customers were talking about it.  Second one in the area in just over a week.  Thanks for checking in on us, Jack, and filling us in on the RenSite, RFP...

On a good note, got my season pass/wristband today. :)
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Welsh Wench

I'm glad the renfamily is alright. I heard a mother and a 9 week old baby were killed.
That breaks my heart.
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

renfairephotog

http://www.fox17.com/ showed a map of the area during their reports.  But the graphic is not on their site. The tornado hit a 15 mile path between the Blackman area and Riverview. Blackman midway is between I-24 and the faire site. River view is on the other side of 24.
Fairy photographer

Chelsy

that's just horrible! the storms weren't that bad up here in kentucky, thankfully.
I'm glad to hear that everyone here is safe!
TNRF (2003-2015, 2017)
CRF (2012-present)
GARF (2015-present)
KYHRF (2005-2009)

Athena

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Avidd

Got some trees and fence down out here,power has been on and off all evening.No damage to my house or barns thankfully.

CapnFayeCutler

Hair's a bit ruffled but I made it through safe and sound. Gotta love April in TN.
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Captain Jack Wolfe

Thank heavens everyone is safe and sound.  We'll keep our fingers crossed that the weather, and life in general, stays nice and quiet from here on out for all of us.  See you all in THREE WEEKS!

Lady Nicolette

You hafta wonder if TS Eliot spent any time in TN, where April is indeed the cruelest month.

Capt Lucy

Quote from: CapnFayeCutler on April 11, 2009, 10:50:55 AM
Hair's a bit ruffled but I made it through safe and sound. Gotta love April in TN.

Hey turkey face!  I was worried about you!  I sent you a text and you didn't reply!  :P
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...

renfairephotog

It was hard to get signals for a while. As soon as the tornado pasted people were all turning on their phones, shaking then, flipping them upside down, whatever just to get a signal. The sheriff asked people to stay off the roads and cell phones.
Fairy photographer

Capt Lucy

ahhhh, well ok, that makes sense :) ty
Booty'n Penny

bmgjarvis

I was on the faire site today. Everything looks good, if a little wet. A few extra leaves down, some branches. About what you would expect with heavy winds and rain.

renfairephotog

For those staying at the Embassy suites.The neighborhood across the street was hit. You'll be able to see some of the recovery from the hotel.

Today there were tons of utility trucks and police in the area.
Fairy photographer

CapnFayeCutler

IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575

Lady Nicolette

The tornado now is officially an F3...It looked like the edge of it swept by near Ette Central (Motel 6) and the other hotels that many are familiar to those who visit us here each year, RFP's post confirms that.

Glad to hear that the site did well!  And I hope that's the last we see of anything like that again...Ever!

Capt Lucy

Booty'n Penny

CapnFayeCutler

Drove down to the 'boro yesterday. You could definitely see the path the tornado took. We crossed the tracks and there was no damage anymore. Saw the site RFP's talking about, too. Nasty business. I feel so bad for those who have lost everything and had to have more storms yesterday on top of it. :(
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575

Old Tinker

dearest Ren Daught, CapnFaye,
me Belle and me are guess'n that you are hold'n off talk'n with Mother Nature about these storms until closer to the end of the month, when TNRF opens. RIGHT  ;)
(me's did see thy post on FOKTOP thread, good work me girl),
count'n the days till me's get those love'n HUGs,
Papa Tinker and Mama Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

festmum

Tornados, Hurricanes, Blizzards, floods...trying to think of what kind of storm I haven't weathered yet...

Glad to hear everyone is alright.  I spoke with my demon spawn and she was out of harms way.  So was the rest of my family.

Get rid of those twisters before I come visit.  I've had enough inclement weather for a while!

renfairephotog

Murfreesboro web site Read about the clean up.

This is the best pic I've seen of the tornado. This is the way I went home that day because the other way was blocked by an over turned semi.

Fairy photographer

Captain Jack Wolfe

Capt Lucy

Booty'n Penny

CapnFayeCutler

Quote from: renfairephotog on April 16, 2009, 12:58:39 AM
Murfreesboro web site Read about the clean up.

This is the best pic I've seen of the tornado. This is the way I went home that day because the other way was blocked by an over turned semi.

That's exactly where I drove by (the harley sign confirmed it lol). Really sad, but yeah. You could see a clear path of damage. :(
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575

Lady Catherine

hi ya'll!

I was in the boro yesterday, and spoke to the next-door neighbor of the woman that was killed with her baby. Lemme tell you, ALL of Murfreesboro is so VERY lucky there wasnt more damage and lives lost. she said her neighboorhood is made up of mostly retired people who are normally home. She said that the storm dropped down instead pf ran along the ground. They have offically upgraded one to the tornadoes to an EF4, the second to an EF1, both making multiple touchdowns.

I was in Spring Hill when the first went OVER us, then on to Murfreesboro. When I got onto 840 from I 65 Sunday, I noticed that the huge exit sign for Goose Creek had been pulled up off its posts and crushed, then a swath cut through the median grass, so something cut through there.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in the recovery effort. Just have to share this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_vboJmpx6w&feature=related
2008-2009 cast TNRF
Fishers, GARF, TNRF, ALARF, Fishers, KYHRF and BRISTOL
Coming 2011- Bella the Troll at TNRF!