News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Spring Great Plains Renaissnace Festival. How is it?

Started by Kimba Nevil, April 06, 2009, 10:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimba Nevil

I would like a quick rundown on this festival.  It is fairly close and I have relatives who live in Wichita so it would be easy to attend.

Thanks in advance. ;D
Landshark #80

Craigmeister

It's pretty good.  I went to the fall version last year.  It was well attended & I've heard that the spring session is even more so.  There are trees all around the perimeter, a nice pond just outside the grounds & a nice hill as well.  It makes for good pix from the top.  I didn't find any Celtic music but they did have harp music.  You can't beat the Saltire Pipers.  The knight troupes really go after each other w/ great zeal.  Patrons can actually don gear & fence w/ each other as well.  I've never seen that anywhere else.  It is indeed worth the trip.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Kimba Nevil

Landshark #80

E.Minion

Hey, I'm usually one of the behind the scenes guys at GpRF both the spring and fall.  That has changed due to job issues and my relocation to the Dallas Fort Worth area.  Regardless, its a good fair in my humble opinion slanted though it may be.  There is a good spread of artisans and entertainers and as long at the wind isn't trying to blow us away the weather is usually bearable. 

I'm posting this as i pack for my weekend trip to attend the fair, I'll be heading up Friday late in the evening. I hope you can make it.
victory come from the apparent application of orthodoxy when in reality you have something else entirely in mind....