News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Mother Nature's attendance at the GARF

Started by Monsignor de Beaumanoir, April 13, 2009, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Femme Falchion

I've been closely watching this as well....

Just yesterday there was call for showers both days....and now things begin to improve. 

I am certain we can all manifest the perfect weather for opening weekend!   :)
Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Absolutely. If last year is any indication, the predictions are worthless, just show up and see what the weather is, then give it 10 minutes and it'll change!

PS: I'm lamenating my writs of excommunication....lol!

Femme Falchion

I was wondering if we should pack our cloaks or not.....is it not doubtful that the temperatures would drop so significantly?

PS: It's never too late to come to your senses....
Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

We made opening weekend last year before my departure to the Outremer, and it was quite windy and cold the first day. The Princess wasn't prepared for it.

I would say bring them, better to have and not need, then to need and not have...

Lady Christina de Pond

Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

BamaWoodsman

Weather around here is changing hourly the past few weeks.  I know oneday last week I went to lunch with it snowing but I needed short sleeves by the time I left for the day, so there's really no telling what its gonna be like. My group will definately be packing cloaks in the car just to be sure.

Lady Christina de Pond

rofl yeah no kidding i will have long johns in the truck incase i need them.  ;D
Lady Ashley of De Coals

MeadMan

Keep in mind, a couple years ago, it flurried opening weekend. If your coming, might as well be prepared.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Eric the Ugly

It's well-established that once GARF has arrived, if it's going to rain only one or two days out of an entire week at all... it's a 99.9% chance that it will be on the weekend.
After GARF is over...then the rain will relax it's schedule. It's infuriating.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

BLAKDUKE

O.K.

If it rains I will spend the day in the pub.

works for me
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Lady Christina de Pond

I'll just carry a large umbrella all day
Lady Ashley of De Coals

BamaWoodsman

Water proof cloak for me. Treated with a spray on DWR coating. Probably should have re sprayed it since its just been collecting dust since october but it'll work for all but the heaviest down pour.