News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Mother Nature's attendance at the GARF

Started by Monsignor de Beaumanoir, April 13, 2009, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Femme Falchion

Saturday continues to improve.   :)

I'm confident the Sunday showers will not scatter our way!  And if they do, it will be a natural opportunity to prove that I don't melt  ;) 
Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Eric the Ugly

It's tricky.

In spring, in Georgia, the only time you can have a degree of certainty about whether it will rain or not on a given day, is about 12 hrs or less before said day, and of course, by then, it's too late to make solid plans.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Or.............

In spring, in Georgia, the only time you can have a degree of certainty about whether it will rain or not on a given day, is about 12 hrs or less after said day, and of course, by then, it's too late to make solid plans.

Eric the Ugly

Ha ha ha!  ;D
Indeed. Too true.

Many's the time I opted out of fest because of impending rain, only to find that, by the time GARF is well over for the day, it would have been perfect weather for going.  >:(

Lady Christina de Pond

I make plans to go rain or shine that way no matter what i still can decided to go home if i want
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Eric the Ugly

Quote from: Lady Christina de Pond on April 16, 2009, 02:13:47 PM
I make plans to go rain or shine that way no matter what i still can decided to go home if i want

Yes, but I'm loathe to drop $20 to get in the door and then not have a full, decent day for it.
To me, at least, getting a lot less sleep, getting up early, spending all that time and energy getting ready, driving the 25-30 mins. there, spending the $20, getting inside, just to have it pour rain on you, then having to walk all the way to the car in the rain, driving home and all for nothing... not my ideal kinda situation.

Eric the Ugly

But then again... having a pub that sits about three people isn't an ideal situation either.  >:(

Ah, GARF... I love you.. why must you cause me such extreme frustration?!?

Lady Christina de Pond

Quote from: Eric the Ugly on April 16, 2009, 02:58:26 PM
But then again... having a pub that sits about three people isn't an ideal situation either.  >:(

Ah, GARF... I love you.. why must you cause me such extreme frustration?!?

wouldn't know never been in the pub
Lady Ashley of De Coals

LadyDracolich

The pub will sit a few more than 3, but it is close quarters.  At any rate, the bad weather will keep the mundanes away and assure a playtron day! ;)  Which can be a very fun time!
I don't know what you've heard, none of it is factual, but it's all true.

Femme Falchion

The weather matters not.....my intention is for a FABULOUS time!  Everyone has the same choice!  ;) :)

Can't wait!
Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Dallan

Prior to yesterday it rained up here in Baltimore for nearly a full week and the temp didn't make it out of the 50s. Almost anything is an improvement for me. Leaving for the airport in 2 hours. Huzzah!!
Fight'n

MeadMan

Quote from: LadyDracolich on April 16, 2009, 03:48:24 PM
The pub will sit a few more than 3, but it is close quarters.

But, is that necessarily a bad thing

BamaWoodsman

So the plan tomorrow morning is basically find the warrior monk.... and mingle till opening.... what time is everyone planning to get there?

Lady Christina de Pond

We should be there before 10 depends on how long it takes to dress the best friend
Lady Ashley of De Coals