News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New to California in the near Future (Information Please)

Started by Don Giovanni de' Medici, April 13, 2009, 06:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Giovanni de' Medici

Hey Everyone,

I am going to be making the move out to CA to the LA area in the near future, by July or so hopefully.  I am a resident cast member of the Mid-America festival's Bay Area Renaissance Festival in Tampa, FL as the Italian Ambassador and I am looking to join the cast at the faires of my new home.  Does anyone have any information taht might be helpful at all in making this transition?  Thank you all so much in advance.  "A Carnivale ogni scherzo vale!"

Ryan L. Cimino

a.k.a

Don Vincente di Medici
Ambasciatore del Granducato della Toscana
Visconti di Firenze

"God save the Pope!"
Sincero,

Don Giovanni de' Medici
Ambasciatore del Granducato della Toscana
"Dio conserva il Papa"

NorthBayDreamer

Well, in the northern area, we have many faires.  Three are the Sacramento area, one in San Fransisco, one in Lake Tahoe, and there are others.  I guess a lot would depend on exactly where in CA you are going to land.

Lord Lisle (when a Nobel)
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Master Thomas Boddinham (when a middle)
Landshark No. 67

Lady Nicolette

Here's a link to the California Faires from our own directory...There are many now in Southern California...And I'm sure that once you're there, Northern California will not seem quite so far.  After all, you're coming from a long narrow state. 

http://www.renaissancefestival.com/festivals/list.php?state=california
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Carl Heinz

If you're in the LA area, you might consider the Southern California Renaissance Pleasure Faire.

It's over for this year, by workshops will be starting in March.  Keep an eye on www.renfair.com/socal .

Click on the Paricipants tag in the left hand menu.

If you're interested in joining a guild, the kickoff meeting for St Cuthberts is usually near the end of February.  It's usuall held at our home.  Drop me an email in February for more information.

If you'd like to get more information about the guild, the Southern Cuthberts Yahoo group has such things as an old version of the guild handbook in the files section.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert