News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Need some good thoughts

Started by WindChime, April 14, 2009, 10:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindChime

Hey everyone!
  I'm alive, Extremely sore but alive. I want to thank every one for there hugs and well wishes. My back is still sore but not as bad as before, my legs are another story. They both still hurt and have the pin and needles feeling in both thights. The right hip mores then before but hopefully that will go away soon. I'm really bored sitting at home, the only real time I leave is to go to the Doctor which isn't even untill the 21st. I still hope to make it out to ORF for the R/F invasion but as it looks so far it will probally only be for 1 of the days. I get tired doing some of the littlest things like walking.
    Again Thanks for all of the well wishes.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

WindChime

Went to the Dr on Sept. 21 for my post-op check up.
They are sending me for aquatic therapy to see if that will help me since as of now I am still not showing signs of improvement. I found out my surgery scar is 2 & 1/2 " long. They said the Dr had to take a large piece out to fix the pressure on my nerves. They also said that I have Sciatica. Then she said it would take anywhere between 3 and 6 months to start feeling better.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

Ariyana the hugging wench

Windhawke

{{{{{{{You}}}}}}}} I'm going through some of the same things. Has the rain and cold
weather been doing to you what it's doing to my back? I hope not. You wanted an update.
Here it is. I had my surgery and it went mostly well, but I'm having pins and needles in thighs too
as well as charlie horses and spasms. I know YOU understand. I'm glad your surgery went so well.
I wish you health as quick as may be.

WindChime

went to the Dr on December 1 and because I am still having a lot of pain and sever issues with my legs I have to get a MRI on Friday then I don't get any news until January when I can get back into the office for the results and to find out what they plan on doing next. which means I still can not go back to work since I can't stand or walk for more then 10 minutes.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

WindChime

Well I basically got dumped by my Dr. today.  He told me that I have a lot of degenerative disc disease and that I would need to get a double fusion then turned around and said that in his opinion my best choice is to go back to the Dr. that sent me to him and go with the plan of pain management instead. What a crock of crap. The whole reason for me to see this guy was because the first Dr. was out of options to help with the pain. Now I'm looking for a new Sipnal Dr. for a second opinion. They also claim that since my disc is no longer herniated that I could go back to work even though I can not even stand longer then 10 minutes before my legs start to go numb. My employer said I couldn't come back unless I can stand for a minimum of 4 hours. I am so frustrated now I don't know what to do.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

WindChime

Yeah ;D
  After a month of playing phone tag with my short/long term disability company from work and no payments since Dec.15 I finally got the word that they are gonna approve my long term so I can start paying my bills. Of course I would be even happier if I would hear some thing from Social Security but I'll take a win were I can find one.
   After going to the pain management Dr. she put me on a new pill and took me off of one of the old ones. I go to the new spine Dr. Feb 9Th so hopefully I will get a better answer then basically "your fat and need to lose weight, If you would have gastric bypass surgery you wouldn't hurt so much because you wouldn't be so fat. I did the surgery and you should be cured of all that is wrong" Mind you he never said it to my face but I got a copy of my file from him and at every visit he would put in my report a comment about my weight like "obese or morbidly obese". The only time this jerk even mentioned my weight was my first visit with him. The man even had the nerve to put in my last report that it was hard to read my MRI with contrast because of my morbidly obese body. WTF!
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

Windhawke

sigh. I feel for you. Dr. Brannen at Beacon is mine and he's good.
Did you get my email?

Betty Munro

hugs!!!  Sounds like you are having a terrible time of it!
Sending healing energy and strength to persevere!

WindChime

I went to a new spine Dr. today and was basically told that I need to have more surgery because of how bad my spine is in the L-3 to S-1 . He said I have a lot of trauma in the lower spine. The down size is before I can have the surgery I have to lose weight and since I have been struggling with that for over 10 years he said it would be best to have it done surgically. I am not thrilled with this but I will do what I am told to get rid of the pain since I am now going back to the way I was and I still can't do half of what I should be able to. So now I go back to the pain management Dr. and we control the pain the best we can and she is going to help me look at the options I have for clinics to go to.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

Ariyana the hugging wench

{{{hugs}}}} Continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers as always... sigh wish this could be better faster and easier for you.

WindChime

I went to the weight loss doctor and he said I would be a good candidate but I have to go to 2 different classes before the will give me the go ahead with the surgery. I don't think this will be a problem the hard part is that my insurance will not cover any of it because the deem it as a elective procedure.
Social Security just sent me a letter to let me denied my claim again. They say that my condition may prevent me from doing my past job, if any, but it does not prevent me from doing other work which is less demanding. Well if I can not sit for more then 30 minutes without having to shift to a different position, walk for more then a 10 minutes before the pain gets really sever or drive a car for fear of a muscle spasm that causes my leg to go numb. I have a constaint tingling feeling in both of my legs from my waist to my toes that turn into a stabbing feeling that then leads to the numbness that last any where from 30 minutes to a hour or longer. I just can't see anyone wanting to hire me with so many restrictions. Plus if my day job said I couldn't come back unless I could stand for a minimum of 4 hours before they will agree to let me come back.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

WindChime

Got the call on Thursday that I am a canidate for surgery and I will probally have it on May 10. I am happy they said I can have it because then hopefully next year sometime I will be able to have my spinal fusion and start to feel better with hopefully a lot less pain and weight. Then I might be able to return to work if my Dr. deems me able bodied enough.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

Windhawke

Keeping you in my prayers. Wishing you well.
HUGS!

Old Tinker

best of fortune to thee Windchime,
take care dear one,
Tink and Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far