News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Need some good thoughts

Started by WindChime, April 14, 2009, 10:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindChime

I thought I would update everyone.
On February 9Th I had to have surgery on my left heel to have my screw removed since it was backing out and causing me a lot of pain when walking. I am healing well and asked the Dr. for my screw so I can make a necklace for myself.
I am now up to 105 pounds lost with about 75 - 85 pounds to lose before my spine Dr. will work on me.
I finally have a court date for my Social Security Disability claim. I go June 7Th. Hopefully everything will work in my favor since neither of my Dr's will let me work or drive since June of 2009.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

WindChime

Well I have not updated for awhile and I thought I would share what is going on as of now.
1. I have lost 120 lbs in 18 months and have between 40 - 59 more pounds to go.

2. I have to have another foot surgery on Nov. 16 on the left foot again as I have a cyst that is on the bottom of my heel and is causing tons of pain when I walk now.

3.After going to the Social Security court hearing in June and being told to see one of their Doctors that July the judge finally decided that I have to come back in Feb. 2012 to be seen be the judge for hopefully the last time. I really hope they agree that I am disable like 3 different Doctors have said already.

I find it very odd that with this massive weight loss that I have more pain now then I had all the extra weight to carry around. I can at least stand upright, not all hunched over in pain like I use to but I seem to get a lot more muscle spasm now.

Thanks for every ones support and kind thoughts threw all of this.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

WindChime

I have my Social Security Disability Hearing  Feb. 6, 2012 which is tomorrow.  :-\
I hope they decide in my favor, I'm really worried they will say sorry your back isn't bad enough go find a job some where.
I just don't understand how I have lost so much weight and am still only able to do things for very short periods of time or not at all, I feel like such a burden on my parents some times because there are some things I can't physically do and they understand but I still feel bad, especially with my 2 year old niece who doesn't understand why her favorite aunt can't do things with her or pick her up anymore since she is now almost 40 pounds and way pass my 5 pound limit.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

WindChime

Well I got the times wrong for my court hearing today and I missed it but my lawyer said neither her or the judge had any new questions for me anyway, they were mostly there to discuss the findings from the social security doctor. I think it went my way since she is now arguing about when my back pay should start from since I have been medically not allowed to work since 2009 and the judge wanted to start my back pay from when I saw their doctor last July. The judge said that we would hear something in the next couple of months.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

WindChime

My M.R.I. didn't really show them all that much because of the inflammation in there even with the dye contrast they didn't see a whole lot.

I finally got my letter stating that I won my disability case and they agreed that I should get paid starting from 2009.

Now I wait for the check to show up, at least they will send my lawyer her check so I don't go into shock writing that check.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

Imestra

We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars