News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Need some good thoughts

Started by WindChime, April 14, 2009, 10:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindChime

I had mt CT & Myelogram done on Tuesday. I wasn't in much pain until about 2 or 3 hours after I got home from the hospital.  That was when I was convinced my head was gonna explode from the pain, I was warned about possibly getting headaches but I had no clue the meant that much pain. I'm doing a lot better today with the pain from the procedures but I still have the normal everyday back pain.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

CapnFayeCutler

Still keeping you in my prayers dearie. I hope you get some answers soon! *hug*
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

WindChime

I go to the Dr @ 11am today. Hopefully she has some of my results since all of it was sent to the Neurosurgeon. I'm still waiting for the Neurosurgeon to call me back to see what is the next step and to see what his conclusion to all of the test are. I'm hoping for no more test.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

Windhawke

I have similar problem that you do. They think fusing my spine might help but the problem is they don't know where to stop. Too many bad discs. I feel your pain love. I live it every day too. I mention it occassionally when I need to explain why Mike helps me with lift and carry and reaching stuff. Afraid people will think I'm lazy when it's really intense pain. HUGS YOU TIGHT. I'm sorry you hurt love. I've been dealing with this for 9 years now and my back has broken twice now. The shots helped me for a while but only for a while. I really feel for you. I wish I could wave a wand and make you better. Truly I do. Email me and we'll exchange phone numbers if you need an ear.

WindChime

The Dr. didn't really have any answers because for some reason the hospital didn't sent her a copy of the test.                            I go to the Nuerosurgon on August 6 to see what the results are.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

Windhawke

Well, I wish you lots of luck hon~ :)

WindChime

Went to the Neurosurgeon today for my test results. I have to have surgery on my L4-5. They are doing a Right Microhemilumbar Laminectomy and Diskectomy. I don't have a surgery date yet, but the said once I have surgery it will take 6-8 weeks for recovery. This surgery is mostly to help with the numbness & tingeling sensation I'm haveing.  The back pain they are going to work on after with P.T.  while I'm healing.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

WindChime

Well I got a call from the Dr's Finacing Department :(.
They told me how much I was estimated at owing them for the Dr and the surgery. :'( (around $1,600)
Then they referred me to a care credit place to get help to pay the bill since I haven't worked since 6/20/09 & haven't received a disability check from my company since 7/27/09. I have no money coming in and have to keep dipping in my savings so I can even make my car payments. Well the place said they couldn't help because they due a 12 month payment plan with no intrest that would cost me about $140 or a 48 month payment $50 plus 13.8% intrest. I'm not eligible for most medical help plans because I earned to much money this year already. I already owe around $1,600 not including the last 2 test I had to have run on me last month to help figure out what is wrong with my spine. The sad thing is I think I gave most of the money I earned this year back to the medical community one way or another, with fees for forms to be filled out, meds to try to help with pain control plus other items I have to get without the help of insurance. I know everyone is having a rough time with the economy but I really don't think I can physically handle very much more. Even if or when I go back to work they are still gonna cut my hours like they did before I went on medical leave. 18 - 25 hours a week is hard to pay the bills on. I also know I should be thankful I have a job willing to hold my place and all but I think I have had my fair share of crappy days. Between surgery last year to take my gallbladder out and my ankle problems that I have learn to just suck it up , but I don't want to any more.
I hate feeling useless & crippled. I just want to wake up one day and find out this is just a very bad dream I was having.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

WindChime

Dr's office called to give me my surgery date.
  Sept.2 :(
That is so gonna mess up doing ORF this season. I've gotta call the person I'm working for to see if I can at least make them some jewelry to help with their stock.
  I'm still going to try to come out and play for a little bit some time if the parents let me since I can't drive right now.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

WindChime

Surgery is at 9 am wednesday sept. 2. I'll try to have dad post some thing so every one knows how it went.  :'(
   Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers during this time. :D
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

CapnFayeCutler

I'm saying extra prayers for you dearie, you'll be fine! *hug*
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Sir Jim & Lady Helen

I brought WindChime home from her surgery about 3:30 this afternoon.  Doctors feel all went well.
She is resting and mostly sleeping now.  We are  hoping tomorrow will show signs of improvement.
Irish Penny Brigade
Castleteers
Lost Vikings
FOKTOPs
ROOL

Jim:
Ride Penny

Helen:
Spin Penny
IWG#3811 Local#57

Ratman and Bobin

We are wishing her a speedy recovery and she will be missed at faire opening weekend!
Cheers!
Ratman & Bobin
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants!
Isaac Newton 1642-1727
Chroniclers of Willy-Nilly

WindChime

Hey everyone!
  I'm alive, Extremely sore but alive. I want to thank every one for there hugs and well wishes. My back is still sore but not as bad as before, my legs are another story. They both still hurt and have the pin and needles feeling in both thights. The right hip mores then before but hopefully that will go away soon. I'm really bored sitting at home, the only real time I leave is to go to the Doctor which isn't even untill the 21st. I still hope to make it out to ORF for the R/F invasion but as it looks so far it will probally only be for 1 of the days. I get tired doing some of the littlest things like walking.
    Again Thanks for all of the well wishes.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

WindChime

Went to the Dr on Sept. 21 for my post-op check up.
They are sending me for aquatic therapy to see if that will help me since as of now I am still not showing signs of improvement. I found out my surgery scar is 2 & 1/2 " long. They said the Dr had to take a large piece out to fix the pressure on my nerves. They also said that I have Sciatica. Then she said it would take anywhere between 3 and 6 months to start feeling better.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF