News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Just bloomers?

Started by FortuneRose, April 22, 2009, 05:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinobabe

I tried crotchless bloomers, but it was a bit weird for me. :-\  I wore boxers for a while but then I found yoga shorts!  They are cotton and spandex, not too tight but tight enough not to move around.  They keep my legs from chafing and aren't hot at all.  I primarily wear them under my wool Civil War uniform.  They are just long enough to keep the wool from scratching the tops of my legs (or my butt!). ;)
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Syrilla

Depending on the weather and which gown .... I will wear a cotton knee length legging ($5 wallyworld) and bloomers.  I have worn just bloomers and have done both powder and deodorant.  I love the cool and less layer factor, but I hate the feeling of sweat rolling down my legs.  TMI??   :o   Ladies, the name brand - Gold Bond is your friend!!!!!

Kate XXXXXX

Quote from: FortuneRose on April 23, 2009, 09:03:49 AM
Kate,  just in my personal experience, the longer style would probably be better just because (depending on her thighs) the shorter ones may tend to roll up through the day and wind up uncomforable.  If you could find a cotton pair of the slightly longer length, I think that would be best.  Now, mind you, this is just my personal experience.  I have some of the longer styled kind and they work like a charm.  They stay in place because they're beyond the troublesome thighs, lol.

Thanks, Rose - that's just exactly the sort of information I need.  I did wonder about the roll factor...  Mind you, my friend does have 'triangular' thighs...  Big at the top, but much smaller at the knee, and she's very short (5'1"), so roll-up may not be quite so much of a problem.  However, she was receptive of the idea this evening, so we shall investigate further.

Lady L

I wore cotton bike shorts, that I bought at walmart for several years. When they wore out, I found some cotton knit pants, also at walmart, they were on clearance. If you want them shorter, you could cut them off at the knees. Very comfy.  :)
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

captmarga

I wear leggins from Roamans.com under mine.  Several different lengths.  They don't ride around, and I can wear them all day, even on hot days, in comfort.  They carry sizes 12 and up.

Capt. Marga
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

Katie Bookwench

A costumer I know turned me on to the crotchless bloomers, and I will ever after swear by them.

There is no more trying to hold UP my skirts while trying to hold my undies OUT away from the front of the seat whilst trying to balance my bum just inches away from the seat... no more having to re-tuck, re-clothe, and re- everything after a privy trip. I can be in and out of one of those hot plastic boxes in less than a minute on a sweaty afternoon. 

When you have to drink gallons of water to keep you hydrated, or enjoy a nice chai or latte in the morning, you're GOING to end up in the Priv sooner or later. So why not make that trip as quick and painless as possible? All I do is lift my skirts, and 'assume the hovering position.' 

I wear those bloomers - which I make long, below the knee-- and a pair of stockings/socks.   

True, you have to say NO to playing Jacob's Ladder or doing cartwheels, but the payoff is worth it in my opinion. I used to hate playing the water balancing game (trying to avoid going priv) because I didn't want to have to fight with all my layers in there.
Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57

Syrilla

I agree with whole heart.  They are Wonderful!!!! Except when you fall down.....

Katie Bookwench

I never fall down.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaa (*snort*) :D

sorry. I tried. I really did. but that's too big a blantant lie to be able to carry a straight face for even one second.

No, I'm pretty clumsy, and I have fallen before. I just try to recover quickly, not flail my legs all over, and keep my knees together. When your legs are together, no one can tell your bloomers are split.

So far, I haven't seen anyone faint, or barf, so I don't think I've flashed anything too personal.  :o
Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57

gem

This is what I use:

They're the all-cotton "knee pants" from Penney's that Fortune was talking about.  They come in a package of three for fourteen dollars--which is practically cheaper than you can make 'em yourself.  Linkity-link to Penney's.

You don't need to do any of the "tricks" you need with bloomers (baby powder, deodorant, etc), because the crotch is nice and snug and crotch-height, so your thighs never ever touch each other.

They're designed to be underwear, but I still wear panties under mine (something with a low rise, so I don't have waistband-upon-waistband-upon-waistband...).

Margaret

Quote from: Katie Bookwench on April 24, 2009, 02:19:36 PM

No, I'm pretty clumsy, and I have fallen before. I just try to recover quickly, not flail my legs all over, and keep my knees together. When your legs are together, no one can tell your bloomers are split.

Ah...

Naw, never mind.  When you are handed that much on a silver platter, comments are just like shooting fish in a barrel.     :-*  ;D
Mistress Margaret Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)