News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Lawton OK Renaissance Festival 2009

Started by LadyMorna, April 16, 2009, 10:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyMorna

Has anyone any information on the Lawton, OK Renfest for 2009?  I remember that there was some talk of their changing the dates to sometime in the Fall this year, but I've not heard anything more, and I'm having trouble finding a website with any info.

Lady Morna

Mistress of Conundrum Castle, Wife of Sir Marcas McLaren, and Lady-in-Waiting to two royal housecats

cowgrrl

http://www.lawtonrenfest.com/

The website is above.  So far it still shows last years dates.  There is an e-mail under the 'Contact Us' link.

Emerald Shaunassey

Lady Morna,
     Look for a private e-mail from me with information regarding the Lawton Ren Faire ... which by the way WILL be happening this year.  Keep a weather eye on the faire's website over the coming weeks for more information, good gentles!

Fair Winds,
Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

LadyMorna

Does anyone know whether the Lawton, OK Faire has tryouts for a cast?  Just curious; one day my lord husband and I would like to be on cast at a faire, and a small one that isn't too far from home would be nice to start with.  (I used to do a lot of community theatre before moving to Texas, and I must admit I miss acting.)

Lady Morna
Mistress of Conundrum Castle, Wife of Sir Marcas McLaren, and Lady-in-Waiting to two royal housecats

Craigmeister

I saw on www.lawtonrenfest.com yesterday that this year's event will be moved to September 3rd & 4th.  Huzzah!  It shouldn't be over 100 degrees that time of year (hopefully).
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Blackbead

Ufrotunately, it is not September 3-4, it is October 3-4.  I am already booked at another faire and my business is NOT big enough to handle two places at once.  To paraphrase Arthur, "This makes me sad."  I heartily recommend the Lawton Faire to any and all up there.  It is always a great show and I am very sorry that I cannot be there.
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

LadyMorna

You'll be missed at Lawton, Blackbead!

Lady Morna

Emerald Shaunassey

The correct dates (per festival website) are OCTOBER 2-4, 2009.  With Friday, October 2nd, being a Kid's Day.  Unfortunately, with the change in dates; The Ladies of the Salty Kiss will NOT be performing at the festival this year as we had already contracted another event for that weekend.  <sighs>  So much for being able to do home state faires.  Hopefully next year there won't be a change in dates so that we can return to Lawton.

Saddened but hopeful,

Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Craigmeister

Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Blackbead

Quote from: LadyMorna on June 01, 2009, 11:21:49 AM
You'll be missed at Lawton, Blackbead!

Lady Morna

I thank thee, m'Lady!  But . . . I am trying to come up with a way to be present at BOTH faires!  If I can make this happen then I'll have a very small presence at Bob's faire but I still want to support it.  Wish me luck!

Blackbead
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."