News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

May 04, 2008 from a life raft to our new home

Started by John, April 18, 2009, 08:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

May 4th will mark a year since we started making this life raft our home.
I'm reminded of all the hard work DB put into setting up all the forums.  I'm also reminded of Tom's generosity in providing this space and his work keeping it running.  Thanks guys.

I applaud those of you that didn't let the bad guys keep us down.

Tammy

Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Lady Nicolette

This May 4th a contingent of people will be waking up in Tennessee after attending QuartETTE and the M'Crack gathering at the Tennessee Renaissance Festival.  Some will be headed home and some will be exploring the Nashville area that day.  All of us will have been brought together because of this place.  Guess we got saved from pirates of another sort from the Rennie SEALS who gave us this lifeboat.  Happy Anniversary!
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Riot

I was just thinking about this yesterday too before I saw this post.  I'm trying to remember the year I signed up on the board, it was like July of 2004 I think. Maybe August 2004.  It doesn't seem like I've been around that long, maybe because I've been in and out for awhile, or maybe because time flys when your having fun! I dunno. Either way I love this place! Just interesting I thought of it on the one year anniversary without knowing it :)
"I'm sweet, innocent, virginal, and full of all things goodness and light"

Tygrkat

HUZZAH!!!

Many thanks to DB, John, and everyone else who's hard work went into keeping us afloat!

I'm very glad to have a home away from Faire, and thankful beyond measure for all the Fairmily and friends I've not yet met here  ;D
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

renfairephotog

It's a great home. And it makes faire all the more fun. Thanks John, DB, and Tom.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Lady Renee Buchanan

I am so grateful for this site.  Before this, we felt isolated because we didn't know anybody else who enjoyed faire like we do.  In fact, most people around here look at us like we're crazy.  Since finding RF, we've found a whole new family.  Yes, we regard our friends here as our family - and are honored to call such wonderful people our friends.

And thanks to John, DB, and all the others who make this forum the best on the net.  I'm so glad we've been saved!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Peddlin

Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

DonaCatalina

Huzzah!
Love what you've done with the place.  :D
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Athena

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on April 19, 2009, 09:32:52 PM
I am so grateful for this site.  Before this, we felt isolated because we didn't know anybody else who enjoyed faire like we do.  In fact, most people around here look at us like we're crazy.  Since finding RF, we've found a whole new family.  Yes, we regard our friends here as our family - and are honored to call such wonderful people our friends.

I agree, Renee! For years renaissance festivals were something I pretty much did on my own, until I joined the forum. I'm now blessed with a wonderful second family, and have traveled to faires I never thought I'd see. Thanks to John, DB, & Tom for all the work they put into the site. Long live R/F!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

DeadBishop

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on April 19, 2009, 09:32:52 PM

And thanks to John, DB, and all the others who make this forum the best on the net.  I'm so glad we've been saved!

My sentiments exactly.

Thank you to everyone who braved the rough waters when it appeared the ship was sinking.  We're still sailing strong.   :)

R/F.com member since 2003

theChuck

glad to be a part of it. i really should start paying more attention to things around here.. i've been way out of the loop.

anyway, huzzah to everyone who keeps this place active!
The Renlist - find faires near you!

Trillium

Lot's of sparkly faerie hugs for all!!!

I don't know what I'd without this home!!
Got faerie dust?

John

Quote from: theChuck on April 23, 2009, 02:59:05 PM
glad to be a part of it. i really should start paying more attention to things around here.. i've been way out of the loop.

anyway, huzzah to everyone who keeps this place active!

Oh yeah!  I forgot to mention TheChuck made the faire directory!  Talk about being out of the loop.  Geesh.  Sorry dude.

Lord Figaro

Just goes to show you can't keep a good group of people down. And let's face it, with this group, there ain't no body better.

Also looking at the list of post's for individual posters, show of hands...who here is NOT surprised by DB's numbers of 1718 posts????? Hmm Hmm??? Yes this includes you in the back.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana