News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 GaRF Pictures

Started by Escarlata, April 19, 2009, 07:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Escarlata

Figured I'd start this thread, in spite of the fact that I won't be there this year and have no pictures of my own to contribute

I did, however, find a set of Flickr photos that I enjoyed scanning through. I even spotted a familiar face. Take a look at what BlakDuke was up to at Faire this weekend:

InfinityFoto's Flickr set from opening weekend of the Georgia Renaissance Festival
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Manwariel

I took 670 pictures today (plus some that I deleted while I was there). I won't be keeping near that many (well...maybe near), but I'll post them at some point, after I go through them and upload them to Photobucket. :)

Escarlata

*chuckling* I understand completely about not keeping them all. I figure we probably use ... eh, maybe 60% of the ones we take, if that many. I'll look forward to seeing what you share.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Lady Christina de Pond

I can't wait to finish all my picture taking an get them devolped
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Robin of Locksley

I can't wait to see the pics!!!  ;D

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Within these images you will find: Lady LeFay, Femme Falchion, Lord Scott, & Templar Jesse.

I must apologize for lack of Blakduke shots, as he was facing away from me "wowing" the crowd with his charm and wisdom. I have a shot of him in the "Following Orders" thread.....

Manwariel

Who's in the black tunic with the white cross on it? I remember seeing him yesterday, as well as the...middle-eastern? looking fellow that you're shaking hands with in one picture.

(I'm still going through my pictures. I'm almost done - down to the last joust.)

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

That Brother of the Hospital, M'Lady, is a friend of Templar Jesse, who appears in the photos as the pirate in the far right of the photos.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

I did have one of the BLAKDUKE in action!

And an Occidental oriented lad, known as the "Leather Warrior" at opening gate:

Manwariel

Quote from: Warrior_Monk on April 20, 2009, 12:36:17 PM
That Brother of the Hospital, M'Lady, is a friend of Templar Jesse, who appears in the photos as the pirate in the far right of the photos.

Ah, okay.

I finished going through and editing mine and am uploading them to Facebook. I'll upload them to Photobucket when I'm done and post a link here. I will probably end up doing that tomorrow. I hope you like pictures of the joust...heh heh.

By the way, Warrior Monk...did you go to the festival yesterday? I saw a knight who looked quite a bit like you.

Lady Christina de Pond

And an Occidental oriented lad, known as the "Leather Warrior" at opening gate:

[/quote]

I saw him saturday i was getting a leather hair wrap put in

[/quote]

and him too
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Quote from: Manwariel on April 20, 2009, 09:30:48 PM
By the way, Warrior Monk...did you go to the festival yesterday? I saw a knight who looked quite a bit like you.

I went both days M'Lady, but on Sunday, my tunic had long sleeves.

Dallan

I've posted some of mine on my personal website so there are a lot of me and the family bit there are some others as well. Click on the Georgia Renn link when you get to the my home page. Please sign the guest book if you stop by. http://dekowski.piczo.com
Fight'n

Manwariel

Maybe it was you, then. :)

Here are my pictures. The joust pictures are in sub-albums. No password is necessary to access them. http://s414.photobucket.com/albums/pp225/KGARenFaire/GARF%20April%2019%202009/ The girl in the pink bodice & maroon skirt is my younger sister.

Here's a handful. There are hundreds more.

Me:

Owl at the birds of prey show:

Dextre Trip:

Gorgeous horse:

Jackson Cowan:

Matthew Mansour/Sir Maximilian:

Splintered lance:

Jack:

Femme Falchion

Great pictures Manwariel, sorry we didn't have an opportunity to meet.

Here are a few of mine from the weekend.

I was lucky enough to have audience with this dashing King and his Queen....

Where M'Lord and I spent a majority of our time opening day

Fortunately we were surrounded by enjoyable company (Warrior Monk and Lady LeFay, Blakduke)

The petting zoo did please my sons

Children? What children?  There was an awesome pair of pirates....they were a HOOT!  (See Escarlata's link for an even better picture)

Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires