News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Mayfaire! Marshall, Michigan, 2009

Started by Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman, April 20, 2009, 07:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

That's right, its time coming up time for Mayfaire! The last two weekends in may, including Memorial Day. The Duck and I (and my wife) will definitely be there.

For more info, http://mayfaireren.com

Cyron

cool i wil be on vacation that first weekend. might just have to stop on by.
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!

Ladyfair

Kewl.... this year the first weekend is a 3 day weekend..... my booth is at the gate.... cant wait to see ya'll again....giggle.....
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

Lord Clisto of York

I am really going to try and make one of these days this year.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Cyron

cool.. be able to see you and dave then..
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!

sealion

Tom and I will be there sometime Memorial weekend. Not sure which day yet.
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Ladyfair

Sir Clisto - I look forward to seeing you again...... if not Mayfair then perhaps MiRF or Fischers in Indiana.

Sealion and Cryon and Sealclubber -....... the party's on......lol ......the official start of the Ren faire season's in Michigan.....lol
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

Lord Clisto of York

I am still planning on MIRF unlesss the economy takes more of a crap out.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Poldugarian Warrior

It's quite a ride out there, but I may check it out. Has this faire grown larger and back into the woods. I remember a few years back it was just around the edge of a very open field. Still was an entertaining faire. Since the acts they had were good, but not enough of them. Do they have more acts than those few years ago. I spoke to the owners and some of the merchants and they said it was to grow and move into the woods. Any more information than what the internet site has would be much appreciated.

LadyOren

Oh yes, it's moved quite a bit back into the woods. They have more vendors this year, I believe they have more acts too. This is my favorite faire to attend, and am sooooo looking forward to it.  I'm hoping to hit both weekends if I can swing the off time from work.  Having it tucked into the woods gives it such an persona.  I like to just stroll, sit and sketch and enjoy the day.   Hope to see you all there.
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

max and kate

We'll be showing up the second weekend, May 30th.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Poldugarian Warrior

Thank you LadyOren you've been most helpful. Sounds good. I'll have attend. But, might not be able to if my work schedule changes. A few people have been laid off and now managment want to do a shift bid, and I may lose my weekends off. And I'm saving my sick days for other events. So I'll have to wait and see. And if I can't go you all go and have fun for me.

canonman

Does anyone know of any campgrounds near Mayfaire?  I don't think my girls would go if there is not showers, flush toilets and electric hook ups. I've never camped around Marshall so I'm not sure where to look.

Ladyfair

Look for campgrounds around Battlecreek area......

Also FYI, things have changed,......... and being in the woods is not always a great thing.....lol

Go to the web site...... what you see is..... whats there....... I am bummed out that some of my fav entertainers are not there..... like jeffery the piper, conner savage....to name a couple .....sigh

The countdown has begun....
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523