News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Mayfaire! Marshall, Michigan, 2009

Started by Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman, April 20, 2009, 07:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poldugarian Warrior

Sir Clisto I thought I seen you, but you seemed to be busy, so I didn't want to interrupt. and Cyron I thought I seen you towards the end of the day at the pirate stage. I gave a wave and nod, but you must hadn't seen me or didn't recognize me, cause I had different garb on than my profile pic. And you were busy takin pics so I didn't want to slow you down in what you were doin. All in all though, I thank evryone for their input on the faire. You all convinced me to attend and I did, and it's much better than it was 5 yrs ago. Had lots of fun. All the shows were very entertaining, especially like the full contact combat, like it better than the joust. and the Viking encampment very informative. All the shops were nicely placed also, not too far a walk from each other, and plenty of space to move around in most of them. And I know because I carry a bow on my back and some of the shops at the big renfest are harder to navigate than those tents. So I just hope they keep booking more acts,displays, and shops because it'll only get better from what it is now.

flidais

Quote from: Ladyfair on May 23, 2009, 09:53:18 PM
It was so great seeing all you guys today!!

Sir Clisto it was nice to meet your wife today as well, and I am so glad you enjoyed your time today.  Cant wait to see everyone's pictures that were taken today.

Flidias - did you take pictures???

Little OT but....no didn't get alot of pics.  But there were alot taken.  Kayla had 11 costume changes and I was busy as heck.  But she did great.  And when I have some pics I can share I'll post them somewhere. 
So happy that today went well for all you Mayfaire Go-ers.    Yeah-Faire!!!

Jon Foster

I'm having some issue with my shots from Saturday but here's Sir Clisto to get things started...

Jon.

Lord Clisto of York

Quote from: Poldugarian Warrior on May 24, 2009, 11:00:16 PM
Sir Clisto I thought I seen you, but you seemed to be busy, so I didn't want to interrupt. and Cyron I thought I seen you towards the end of the day at the pirate stage. I gave a wave and nod, but you must hadn't seen me or didn't recognize me, cause I had different garb on than my profile pic. And you were busy takin pics so I didn't want to slow you down in what you were doin. All in all though, I thank evryone for their input on the faire. You all convinced me to attend and I did, and it's much better than it was 5 yrs ago. Had lots of fun. All the shows were very entertaining, especially like the full contact combat, like it better than the joust. and the Viking encampment very informative. All the shops were nicely placed also, not too far a walk from each other, and plenty of space to move around in most of them. And I know because I carry a bow on my back and some of the shops at the big renfest are harder to navigate than those tents. So I just hope they keep booking more acts,displays, and shops because it'll only get better from what it is now.

I wish you would have popped over and hailed me down. I am never too busy for anyone. No matter what I am doing. Would of liked to meet ya. I was looking for faces i thought I knew and was relying on others to stop me. LOL... It was a great time and day all in all. I really enjoyed myself and so did my wife even though she isnt in to it at all. I went off on my own while she looked around so I did my thing.

Ladyfaire, was nice to see you again. Same with Queen Ann and many others. I look forward to returning again next season.

For anyone interested, I also have my pictures up from Saturday. Just follow the link below to see the pictures.

http://www.sirclisto.com/51main.html

Have a great week everyone, Now it's off to Dubuque, Iowa for me this coming weekend.

Sir Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Ladyfair

It was a good weekend for sure...... giggle... and we all had fun.  The jailer seemed to be a wee bit busy too....lol  (He is behind our booth so we get to watch....lol)
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

LadyMeg

OO!  Looks like it was a wonderful weekend!  Can't wait to get over there myself this Saturday.  *bounces*  Can't wait!
|LadyMeg|
________
Galene, Nereid in pirate form
Lady Alethea Talbot

max and kate

There will be a slew off us going Saturday at least 10.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Poldugarian Warrior

Have a safe trip Sir Clisto. Yeah, next time or if I see you at the Michrenfest I shall introduce myself and to you also Cyron. So see you at Michrenfest or even Silverleaf.

Lord Clisto of York

Indeed... I may make Silverleaf for a day as well. Not quite sure at the moment, but it has crossed my mind. I have to make sure what else at home we may have happening first. i will post if I do.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Poldugarian Warrior

Cool, Mayfaire and Silverleaf are quite a far away voyage for myself, but I try to go when I can, and the weather is suitable.

max and kate

It was a great weekend with great friends and wonderful weather.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Carl

Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

Jon Foster

Carl, Donna, it was a pleasure meeting you yesterday!

Jon.