News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Oklahoma Renaissance Festival

Started by heavy_hammer, April 20, 2009, 09:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heavy_hammer

I've looked around for any mention of the OKRF in Muskogee, Oklahoma and haven't found anything. It's possible/probable that I just haven't looked in the right place so I thought I'd ask around the Tavern, Is anybody from R/F coming to this Faire? It takes place every weekend in May with a Friday kids day and Memorial Day thrown in as well. It's my home faire and will be there every weekend and would like to hear from anyone else who is going to attend.

Magister

Not sure why DB moved this to Faire updates.  It's definitely not at update to the faire directory.  It's a question about who is attending this particular faire.

So .. sorry to do this.. wrong section.  Punting this to Smaller Western Faires section.. as OK Faire in Muskogee fits there. 

A very nice faire too by the way ... Attended it 3 years ago.  Loved it.  Clean, professional, good entertainers.  Highly recommend.

- Mag
Magister
Moderator: Crafting Corner, Buy + Sale + Trade

Cormac

Heading there May 10th.  Looking forward to good entertainment and buying a leather vest if I can find one to my liking.

Quote from: heavy_hammer on April 20, 2009, 09:14:15 PM
I've looked around for any mention of the OKRF in Muskogee, Oklahoma and haven't found anything. It's possible/probable that I just haven't looked in the right place so I thought I'd ask around the Tavern, Is anybody from R/F coming to this Faire? It takes place every weekend in May with a Friday kids day and Memorial Day thrown in as well. It's my home faire and will be there every weekend and would like to hear from anyone else who is going to attend.

Friar Rohn the Chronicler

The main reason you are having trouble finding reference is because of the name you are searching for. You will find it usually referred as the "Castle of Muskogee". Search for "Muskogee" and you will find many postings and the links to my photos from last year's faire and the Boares Heade Feaste. I'll be loading photos from this weekend's final dress rehearsal tomorrow.

Friar Rohn

Craigmeister

Oklahoma faires are hard to classify.  I used to post my updates for them in the "South" region.  This spring, I've seen threads in "Midwest".  We're just in a hard to define part of this great country.

I'll be there this Sunday.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Lady Rebecca

This is a terrific Faire! I was there May 10th, and I enjoyed it more than Scarborough. It's small enough that you can see everything in one full day, but big enough that you're doing something the whole time.

If you go, you absolutely have to see Cut Thrust and Run down by the pirate dock area. In fact, they have a few different shows, so I would see them more than once.

The only area I was disappointed about was the joust. The turkey legs aren't the best, either, but they have a lot of other food options as well.

Cormac

We'll be there Sunday.  It's our first faire of the year and we've had everything packed and ready to go for two weeks.

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: Craigmeister on May 13, 2009, 11:12:29 AM
Oklahoma faires are hard to classify.  I used to post my updates for them in the "South" region.  This spring, I've seen threads in "Midwest".  We're just in a hard to define part of this great country.

I'll be there this Sunday.

How about 'The Belly of the Beast'  ;D  I've seen folks use that one before  :)

I was fortunate to be able to storm errr... visit the Castle last year and it is a great faire.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Avidd

Quote from: heavy_hammer on April 20, 2009, 09:14:15 PM

Myself, Sergi Karento,and Cyfnos will be visiting your fine faire on the 30th and 31st.

Cormac

The bride, brood, and I are headed out early Sunday morning.  My daughters will be dancing from time to time for Lady Nancy who plays the hammered Dulcimer and for most any group that can play or jig or reel.  Our R/F pins just arrived so if you see a guy in a green kilt wearing on that's probably me.  Cheers!!!