News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Photo Thread for Our Armored Personas

Started by Chris B, April 23, 2009, 01:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

I need only one weapon.

And some chants, of course

Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Poldugarian Warrior

Yep, that's a cuirass and pauldron set. Very nice craftsmanship.

Squire Mickey

Quote from: Poldugarian Warrior on January 19, 2010, 10:56:52 PM
Yep, that's a cuirass and pauldron set. Very nice craftsmanship.

Thank you. I am working on a Brigintine (well a leather one, not with metal plates) right now. I will post that when I am finished with it!
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Chris B

Very nice Mickey.  I'd definitely be interested in seeing your Brigandine when you are finished since it is something I would also like to make soon.

Merlin, bring it.  ;D

Squire Mickey

Quote from: Chris B on January 22, 2010, 07:52:57 AM
Very nice Mickey.  I'd definitely be interested in seeing your Brigandine when you are finished since it is something I would also like to make soon.

Merlin, bring it.  ;D
Well, this is what I have so far (pardon the terrible camera)

Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Anna Iram

Georgeous stuff everyone! Really enjoy this thread and seeing what you have each put together. While it's true, Chris, a warrior visiting a faire and interacting with the Royals *might* not wear his entire kit ( is that term prefered over garb in your circle?) we ladies are sure glad that you do.

Gwen, your stuff is so beautiful. You should work up a character for yourself one day. :) Chris I had no idea you had so many armored personas. Nice to see the others sides, and Mickey, as always, nice work.   :)

robert of armstrong

Quote from: Anna Iram on January 22, 2010, 10:39:16 AM
a warrior visiting a faire and interacting with the Royals *might* not wear his entire kit ( is that term prefered over garb in your circle?) we ladies are sure glad that you do.

I ran into a platoon of young men (who all looked like they were about 16, by the way, nearly broke my heart) who were in Basic Training and getting ready to go to Iraq two years ago at MdRF.  They were at the Faire on their R & R weekend, and they called what I was wearing my "full battle rattle".

I have adopted the term.
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

Black Armor

Quote from: robert of armstrong on January 23, 2010, 12:51:31 AM
Quote from: Anna Iram on January 22, 2010, 10:39:16 AM
a warrior visiting a faire and interacting with the Royals *might* not wear his entire kit ( is that term prefered over garb in your circle?) we ladies are sure glad that you do.

I ran into a platoon of young men (who all looked like they were about 16, by the way, nearly broke my heart) who were in Basic Training and getting ready to go to Iraq two years ago at MdRF who were at the Faire on their R & R weekend, and they called what I was wearing my "full battle rattle".

I have adopted the term.

I like it. 

Anna Iram

Barret

Haha, full battle rattle is a good term for those of you who wear more heavy duty armor to faire. I have family in the military and it is a common term and as far as I know refers to having a full pack, bullet proof vest with full plates, and your weapon with you. Training in full battle rattle is a pain the BUTT from what I hear, think it usually weighs out to about 45-50 lbs of gear.

robert of armstrong

Quote from: Barret on January 25, 2010, 02:12:37 PM
Training in full battle rattle is a pain the BUTT from what I hear, think it usually weighs out to about 45-50 lbs of gear.

I understand the guys and gals in green to be carrying around a lot more than that!!  What I'm wearing is around 85-90 lbs, plus more with weapons when I am allowed to wear them.
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

Barret

Quote from: robert of armstrong on January 30, 2010, 11:51:45 AM
I understand the guys and gals in green to be carrying around a lot more than that!!  What I'm wearing is around 85-90 lbs, plus more with weapons when I am allowed to wear them.

Could be, its been a while since I talked about it with my sister and my memory is not that great on the subject. I think it also depends on what branch of the military and what your job description is. She is intelligence so she may not carry as much as others. But 85-90 lbs... dang man, that is impressive, you can probably eat all the fried greasy faire food you want and still lose weight walking around with that kind of weight all day. But we have gotten off topic, so someone post up a picture of some sweet armor quick!

William of Armagh

Greetings, this topic has been quiet for a while, I would like to see more armor etc :)
....I have some pictures of various shields I have made, hope to add the garb soon.
Mercenary guild
woodland elf
fair companion to lady A., aka "the rogue"
target for that knife throwing act

William of Armagh

.......to continue, one picture of my Templar outfit on our display stand, last week I added a red cross to the left shoulder of the cloak .
this outfit really puts one back in time :)
Mercenary guild
woodland elf
fair companion to lady A., aka "the rogue"
target for that knife throwing act