News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Harp and Fiddle

Started by Terry Griffith, April 24, 2009, 09:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

April

Quote from: anne of oaktower on June 28, 2009, 05:40:46 PM
Quote from: Terry Griffith on June 28, 2009, 11:29:51 AM
Thanks to all those who made last night at the Harp a great time.  You guys ROCK!

Good music, good company, good times!  How soon can we do it again?  ;D

July 11th....  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
God bless ye all!  Can anyone tell me why the Drambuie is gone again?

Professor M

Quote from: Terry Griffith on June 28, 2009, 11:29:51 AM
Thanks to all those who made last night at the Harp a great time.  You guys ROCK!
Of course it's better for the H&F if there's a packed house, but I love the occasional time when there are fewer of us and we can chat a bit more.  It was a wonderful evening.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

TiaLD77

July 11th??? hmmmm must beg the HB for a travel pass  ;D
I want to play with your head like a drunk kitten:)

Terry Griffith

Quote from: TiaLD77 on June 29, 2009, 09:31:06 AM
July 11th??? hmmmm must beg the HB for a travel pass  ;D

That's not a date for the Harp.  April was referring to GLMF opening weekend.  Just so you don't make the trip and not find us.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

April

hahaha... tru dat.  sorry for not making reference.....  :-\
God bless ye all!  Can anyone tell me why the Drambuie is gone again?

jayadancer

Sir Stringslayer, when is your next Harp night?  I think I'm going into withdrawal...
~The Mystic Deliria, The Madness Amorous~

Terry Griffith

Fear not, sweet Jaya, my August date will be the 21st.  Twill be our kick off for faire the following week.

For those in the South of da 'burgh, I'll be at the Hothouse on the 24th of July.  Let's show 'em how to party.

Professor M

Quote from: Terry Griffith on July 16, 2009, 08:55:49 AM
Fear not, sweet Jaya, my August date will be the 21st.  Twill be our kick off for faire the following week.

Perfect!  Nick will be returning to University on Sunday the 23rd.  He's thrilled that he can say goodbye to Da Burgh with a night at the Harp & Fiddle.  We will be there having our own bittersweet celebration.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Princess Mary

Terry,
What time are you playing at the Hothouse? I'd really like to make it if possible!
~Sarah

P.S. Is it in Monongahela?

Terry Griffith

Unfortunately, the Hothouse Tap and Grille has cancelled me for the 24th.  The last two times I was there, the crowd was very sparse.  It's a shame because I think this time there would have been more people.
Hope you can make it to the Harp on August 21st.
Miss you.

Drusilia

What time are you playing, Terry?

I've never been able to go to the Harp and Fiddle but a friend of mine from out of state is coming that Friday so I'm trying to see if we can make it. :)
I am living in this world but living life as if it were a dream, yet what happens when in living a dream, it bleeds?

Terry Griffith

Quote from: Drusilia on July 22, 2009, 12:28:35 PM
What time are you playing, Terry?

I've never been able to go to the Harp and Fiddle but a friend of mine from out of state is coming that Friday so I'm trying to see if we can make it. :)

9 of the clock to 1.

metalcelt

Hey everyone, let's make a weekend of our family gathering. Saturday 8/22 Ar Eigean Gael will be at Claddagh! We start at 8 and will be playing til 12. I plan on being at the Harp Friday 8/21  to see Terry, see you all there!

TiaLD77

OK, I am finally going to make it to the Harp, Here is the Question, What Hotel/motel is a good spot to stay in?
I want to play with your head like a drunk kitten:)

Terry Griffith

Quote from: TiaLD77 on August 10, 2009, 01:36:48 PM
OK, I am finally going to make it to the Harp, Here is the Question, What Hotel/motel is a good spot to stay in?

I know this seems like a cop out answer but there are so many and such a wide price range the best thing to do is to Google "Pittsburgh Hotels".  Down town is pricey but close and there are many motels within a 5 to 10 mile radius.  Any I can suggest are as good as any others and I know of none you need to stay away from.  Come to think of it though, any that are listed as being East of downtown may be a problem with Parkway East traffic problems.

See you there.