News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Place

Started by Muffin, April 24, 2009, 03:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marietta Graziella

Storm has a point.  Hire the movers and have the friends help with the unpacking!  Pot luck dinner to warm the new place and you're all set!

I would very much like to help get you moved in and settled but I'm hoping to have my yard sale that weekend.  Still can't park in my damn garage.  *sigh*  Gotta get this furniture out!  LOL

You don't happen to need a 7ft oak dining table and 8 chairs for $800 (purchased for $2500), do ya?  :D
*edit* table has a 20 inch leaf, as well. 
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

escherblacksmith

7ft, really?

hmmm . . .

So, where and when is the move going to happen?
--

Muffin

We had movers........ Movers we could afford with all the other moving expenses... They have backed out on us... Pretty sure we can't get anything else lined up in time that will fit our budget..

Believe me, I would much rather have movers, moving sucks, I am tired of it, and I don't like to burden friends with even asking for help...

But since we don't we just wanted to get the word out that if anyone was willing to help we would appreciate it....

The move is taking place on Saturday May 30th... St. Louis Park to Coon Rapids..  Would like to get going early, but will take any help we can get... My guess is we will be all loaded up and ready to roll by no later than 2:00 pm if all goes right.. Steve has a work meeting in the morning so I am on my own for a while..

Steve and I can handle most of it ourselves.. There are just a few items that might be a little too heavy with my back issue (spondylolisthesis) but if it comes down to it, we'll make it happen..

A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Storm

Spondylolisthesis....now there is a term I have not heard in a long time!

Muffin, you are the 1st person I know that also has that condition. I found out I had it about 15 years ago during a physical I had to take for a job I applied for. I was surprised to find out I had it since I was an avid weight lifter at the time. The ironic thing is, I lifted weights with my chiropracter! When I found out I had it, I asked him if he knew I had it (since he had worked on me several times and had taken X-rays). He said he did, but that it wasn't anything to worry about since it's more of a developmental problem then anything (I have the kind that you have since birth...I am actually missing 1 small bone in my back). Once you are an adult your back pretty much stabilizes and it shouldn't cause you a lot of trouble. He said that is why he told me not to do straight leg dead lifts or squat more then 350 lbs. He said if I did have back pain from it as an adult just to come in and he'd take care of things. That is pretty much what I have done. It really hasn't caused me a lot of problems. I just take care when I lift things to make sure I lift with my legs, and if I do any really heavy lifting to put on a weight belt. When ever I get any pain I don't mess around and go in and get adjusted and that usually takes care of things for me.

Right now my back isn't a problem when lifting things. Of course, my busted knee is another story. That makes it real difficult to carry things around. Luckily for me a glass and a 12 oz bottle are weights I can handle right now!...LoL

As for the moving company. Even though it is short notice, I bet they are real slow right now so you might be able to find something affordable. When we moved I called 2 Men and a Truck about a month before we moved and they told me to call back 2 weeks before our move to set up an exact time and date. Can't hurt to try.....

Muffin

yeah thanks Storm... my back issue came from playing sports when I was younger, I discovered it about 8 or 9 years ago when I threw my back out and went in for x-rays.. The last 4 vertebrate in my back are in a stairstep position and one is cracked. I have been told not to lift anything over 25 lbs, or wear heels (ha! yeah right!!!), who can live lifting only things less than 25 lbs?!! So I do it anyways, and just pay for it later.. I will more than likely face surgery if I ever plan to have children.. Chiro's are quacks, you know that right?  ;) they are not real doctors, they don't ever fix anything, which is why you just keep going back...

We are not getting movers (unless you are offering to pay for them, in that case you are my BFF! hee hee).... We will do it ourselves... Anyone willing to help, it is greatly appreciated!! If not, no worries, I'll just add you to my list.. ha!  ;)
A Captains Wench

Ette

DeadBishop

If I'm not working I'll come help.   :)

R/F.com member since 2003

escherblacksmith

and maybe I am the only one who hasn't been to your old place . . .

where do you live?
--

Muffin

Quote from: escherblacksmith on May 20, 2009, 08:22:02 AM
and maybe I am the only one who hasn't been to your old place . . .

where do you live?

sent you a pm
A Captains Wench

Ette

Muffin

Thanks to everyone who has offered to help!!  ;D

I am hoping to have a crew so it is less work for all involved!!
A Captains Wench

Ette

Ren Jen

Eh, movers aren't always so great. We hired some to help us move here and got tottaly scammed.  Picture this. 9 mo pregant lady was moving stuff faster than the drunk movers. Not cool.  If you need help I'll help on the coon rapids end and I can lift. But my steve is not to lift. I of coarse will have matt and lauren. I tend to get lost if I drive to far from
home.

Muffin

Just an update....

Steve and I are picking up a moving truck on Friday night, and will be loading up what we can.. Probably making some runs out to the new place with stuff in our vehicles..

Saturday Steve has a meeting until 11:30 am..

So anyone who is willing to help we are looking at starting at noon. Hopefully there won't be too much left to do, and we can get this all done quick!!

We will have food and beer and other goodies at the new place when we are all done..

If anyone needs the address just let me know!

I can't wait to be done with this move!!!!!!!

xoxo
:-*

A Captains Wench

Ette

DeadBishop

Yeah, so....I work until 6pm.   :P  I'll probably give you guys a call to see how far along you are once I get off work.

R/F.com member since 2003

Lady_Lily

Good Luck!
Wish I could help, but I'm helping a couple people move most of the day tomorrow!

SleepyArcher

I am working the whole overnight, was only going to work until 3am but they needed me to stay. I think Jenn is going to go and help. If I wake up at a decent time I can come over and help as well. Remember to take your Tylenol or Motrin!!!!
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Noble Dreg

Nice digs guys, welcome home!

Oh, someone promised me the "sloppy joe" recipe.

And another someone promised me something else.   ;)
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small