News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Prayer for my Dad

Started by Lady Amy of York, April 27, 2009, 01:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amy of York

Hi everyone.  My dad is going into the hospital this  morning to have knee replacement surgery. My mom asked  me  to ask  everyone  i  know  to say a prayer for  him.  Normally  she  would not be so concern, except that my dad is  79 , and he is  a heavy cigar smoker. My mom and  dad have  been married 59 years, and my mom would be lost without him.
So please keep my dad in your  thoughts  and  prayers. My mom  and my  sisters  thank  you and  so  do  I. :)
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

lady serena

I will keep you and your dad in my thoughts and prayers today.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

lordwriothsley

Amy consider it done. Your mom and dad are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep me updated on how he is doing.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Ferret

Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Ferret

Lady Amy of York

Thanks  everyone.  I talked  to mom  at noon  today.   The  surgery went well.  (  Thanks    the  Lord  above   :) ).   The last i heard he  was in  recovery and  they were  waiting  for  a regular  room for  him.    Mom  was  relieved  that the  surgery was  over.   Two of  my sisters  were at  the  hospital  with  her, and one of  them  was  having  my mom stay  with her  tonight, so  my mom would  not have  to be  alone  at  night .   
   So,  so far  so good.   Yea   !   ;D  Thanks  for  the  prayers ! :)

lordwriothsley

Amy I'm so glad that your dads surgery was such a success. Please pass my love on to your mom and sisters and let them know that they are in my thoughts and prayers as well.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Amy of York

They moved dad  from the  recovery room to a private  room yesterday afternoon.  He  was still pretty drowsy   from the  spinal epidural  they gave  him.  My mom staed  with him until after dinner and  then  my sisters insisted  she  go home.  My mom is  aliitle  thing. she  is only about 90  pounds.  She has  had Chron's  disease  for  30 years now  and  also has  Hepatitis  C  from blood transfusions  she  had  years  ago  for r  the  Chron's. Anyway  my sisters  were all concern about her  getting worn  down  so they odered her   to go home  with one of  my sisters  and  get  some  sleep.  To be honest, I am concern about my dad, but i am  too concern about my  mom getting herself  worn out.  She tires very easily.

One of  my sister's  sons, my 29 year old  nephew  stayed  with  my dad last  night.  (  sigh  can't believe  the  kid is  that old  already.  I  was  in gradeschool  when he  was born.  Big age  difference  between  me  and  my 3 sisters.  there is  1o years  between me  and  the  sister before  me.  I was  a bonus   baby  !  )
Anyway  according to  my nephew dad  had  a rough  night last  night, once the  spinal  wore  off. he  was  in agony.  they gave him  pain meds   and he  ended  up  heaving  them  up.    The  anesthesiologist  was  going to give  my dad some  different pain  meds  this  morning.
        That is  all i  know  for  now. They don't allow  cell phones in the hospital  so my  info  i  receive  is  limited.   Hopefully   they were  able  to give my  dad  something  to ease  the  pain.  Please  keep  him  and  my  mom  in your  prayers.  Thanks !

lordwriothsley

Your mom and dad continue to be in my thoughts and prayers Amy.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Amy of York

Dad is still in the hospital.  He  was pretty uncomfortable  today.  The  pain meds  they are giving him were making  him feel sick to his  stomach .  He has  a oxygen mask  because I guess his oxygen levels were very   low  for  some  reason.
They did get him up   and had him try walking abit.
   He also has  some  device they put on his knee   a couple  times a day  to get to flex.
     They gave him  something to help him sleep last night and  my mom  was hoping that they gave  him something  tonight  too.
   Mom sounded  tired to me. Hopefully she  will get some  sleep  tonight  too.

lordwriothsley

Do you all have any idea how much longer your dad will be in the hospital at this point?
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Amy of York

I talked to my sister briefly today. Originally on Monday, the  plans  were  for  my dad to come  home  today, BUT  since   My dad still for  some  reason can't keep any food  down him, and is still in alot of  discomfort my sister said  they want to keep him there for  another day  or  two.
   I  wish  i could  be  down there, but my husband  has  to work, and I  can't leave my  son  alone, plus  I am fighting a  cold  and  don't need to bring it  to him. :(

lordwriothsley

Like I have said before, your dad continues to be in my thoughts and prayers. Please continue to keep me updated on how he is doing.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Amy of York

Much to my surprise, my  dad  came  home  today.
  I say  much  to my surprise,  because  he   ended up passing out  yesterday  when  the  nurses  got him up to walk about.  Also he is  still having  hard time keeping  food  down him. I  guess they   sent him home  with a  different  pain medication in hopes that it would  be  easier  on his  stomach.
  A   son of  af riend of  the family helped him into the house, and he  was planning to sleep  in the  family room on the  sleeper  sofa, cause he  can't   do  the  stairs  yet in  my  parents house.
  My  mom  was happy to have  him home.  She  sounded very tired to me.

lordwriothsley

I'm glad to hear that your dad got home from the hospital alright Amy. He is still as always in my thoughts and prayers.

Please continue to keep me updated on how he is doing.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

LadyOren

Lighting a candle for you and your family.  My FIL under went the same surgery, but do to his age they decided to go one knee at a time, rather than both at once.    Sending prayers for a strong recovery.  Keep us posted.  Peace and blessings
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman