News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Prayer for my Dad

Started by Lady Amy of York, April 27, 2009, 01:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: LadyOren on May 05, 2009, 05:37:33 PM
Lighting a candle for you and your family.  My FIL under went the same surgery, but do to his age they decided to go one knee at a time, rather than both at once.    Sending prayers for a strong recovery.  Keep us posted.  Peace and blessings

Thankyou mi' Lady.   Due  to my dad's  age  the   surgeon decided  to only  do  my dad's  right  knee. He  had  total knee  replacement and now has  a new  steel knee . He may  still have  the left  knee  done  in the  future,  time  well tell.     My  dad is  at home,  and has   a physical therapist  who comes  to the house  on a daily basis.  Because  of my  dad's  age  it is taking  longer  to heal, but he   is  slowly making progress. The  physical  therapist  has  him  up walking a round  for  a few  minutes  each  day  with  a  walker. My  dad saw  the  surgeon yesterday  and they took  the  staples  out of  his  knee.   they put him on a strong antibiotic  to ward off any infection.
    Peace  and  blessings  back  to  you .  :)
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Lady Amy of York

Update May 15,2009

My dad has  a physical therapist  that  comes  every day  and  works  with him.  My dad  is  able  to  walk  around  the  house  with  a walker  and  with the help of  the  therapist my  dad   was  even able  to go up the  stairs  in  my  parents  house .   He is  off of the  antbiotics  for  infection  but   they still have  him taking  the  pain meds.

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

lordwriothsley

Amy I'm glad to hear that your dad is making all this progress. Please continue to keep me updated on how he is doing.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"