News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Iolar na Mara (Eagle of the Sea)

Started by SarviaRose, April 29, 2009, 02:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SarviaRose

The rain poured down hitting the window so hard it sounded like they where going to brake. Lighting and thunder rattled the small cottage as a small family tried to sleep.

"Mama, Mama" a little boy called out and ran to where is mother lay.

"Shh now it will be alright Connell"

The boys mother took him up into her arms and held him close to her comforting him until he fell back asleep. She wished her husband would come home soon the weather was starting to scare her also. The young woman laid Connell down and she walked to the window trying to see anything in the rain.

"Oh ConrĂ­ please hurry you have me worried."

The young woman watched the storm as it pounded the small house, she prayed that her husband would return soon. As the lighting flashed she saw the outline of a man on a horse ridding toward the house she could only hope that it was ConrĂ­.

Connell woke up with a start and cursed as he saw it storming he wasn't sure if it was worse to be dreaming about a storm or waking up to a real one on a ship. Slowly Connell got up from his bed and headed towards the door he figured he would see how his crew and ship where doing in the storm.

"Captain why are you up?" a voice called to him

"Making sure everyone is still around."

"You know only a few are on deck cause of the storm you should go back to bed."

Connell headed to the quarterdeck to talk with the person.

"I could say the same for you Mealla."

Connell walked up and kissed Mealla on the check. Mealla smiled up at him and returned the kiss.

"You know me better than that luv."

"Aye I do I knew where you where when I woke up alone"
Morale Ofc of the Bayou Scoundrel, ETTE, IFRP

SarviaRose

"Well Capt Connell the storm will be over and we can go back to bed."

"You know that is not what I am worried about you know I trust you more than any other."

Mealla smiled and took Connell's giving it a kiss.

"You had the dream again didn't you?"

"Yes Luv"

"I am sorry I wish you would tell me about it."

"Nah Luv it is not something I wish to relive in my dreams it is bad enough."

"Did you still want to head toward the Caribbean?"

"Okay than you go back to bed and when the storm is over I will have Jon take over for me and head there also."

Connell only nodded and headed towards the Captain's Quarters to try and sleep. He wondered how often he had the dream and why it still effected him so many years later. He could feel Mealla watching him as he left the quarterdeck. Letting out a sigh she tried to concentrate on what she was doing the storm was picking up.

"All hands on deck!!"

With a start Connell woke up surprised it was still raining out but no longer storming and it was not Mealla calling out but Jon. Quickly Connell ran out of the cabin toward the quarterdeck. He looked in surprise at the tattered sails of his ship but more of the broken bit of mast that lay on the deck and Mealla next to it. Jon ran down to him.

"I came to see if she needed help it seemed if with the storm we where going wrong. I found her under it I called all hands to help move it and keep her still. She just blacked out not to long ago."
Morale Ofc of the Bayou Scoundrel, ETTE, IFRP