News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Axes and Bow on Order....

Started by Robert eben Hope, May 01, 2009, 04:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert eben Hope

So I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new weapons. I rodered a new Hickory longbow from Siege Work Creations with a set of target arrows and a half dozen hunting arrows. I also ordered a set of throwing axes from Merry Old Hangmen. I can't wait for them to come in sometime this month! I will post pictures as soon as I get them in....so basically I just wanted to brag!  :D

renren

Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Tim T

Very cool, Robert!

I did a search on the Merry Olde Hangmen, and found a video of their stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mthcsckoe9U

Please let us know what you think about the axe.  I think I'd like to get my hands on one!
Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

Robert eben Hope

Quote from: Tim T on May 01, 2009, 09:47:36 PM
Very cool, Robert!

I did a search on the Merry Olde Hangmen, and found a video of their stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mthcsckoe9U

Please let us know what you think about the axe.  I think I'd like to get my hands on one!

Yup that is them! They have great prices, $48 for a set (the includes shipping). I met them at Fourwinds Faire and got a quick lesson from them. They are very well built, I will post pictures as soon as they get in.

Robert eben Hope

:o

So I don't know what to do now, I called to check on my bow and it will be delivered with in the next few days. Then I started talking to the owner and he tells me he has a wonderful Scythian Bow he just finished made with an Osage core and bamboo...it sounds too perfect and he is willing to sell it for me at a very reasonable price....what should I do...I can afford it and I really want it...but do I need it?? Also if I do this then I can't get the new quiver I have been wanting to order...man what a dilemma...

robert of armstrong

Give up coffe or some other vice for a few weeks and use the money to get the second bow!!
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

BamaWoodsman

I would second that motion. Don't know if it would work for ya but with me I could bike to work for a week or 2 to knock of some more funds while getting my excercise too.  :D

Robert eben Hope

Well I think I made the right choice and put off buying the other bow from him. I really need some new gear so I put the money towards that. I got the Huntsmen quiver from 3rivers archery, I ordered a combination armguard from Kee's Traditions, and I am talking with the fine people of Twisted leather about a nice belt to hold the new quiver and axes, and maybe a small puch for all my archery gear. I really need to stop this horrid shopping spree I have started!

Robert eben Hope

So I caved and bought the second bow. I talked to David of SWC and both bows should arrive early next week. I did get my axes in yesterday and they look great. I need to sharpen them up but they look to be well made. Now I need to build a target...any ideas??

Let me know what you think of the axes.

Tim T

The axes look great, Robert!  You'll have to post some pics of your bows as well once they come in.

Would you mind posting or Renmailing contact info for Merry Olde Hangmen?  I think I need one of them axes!
Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

Robert eben Hope

Quote from: Tim T on May 13, 2009, 09:00:18 PM
The axes look great, Robert!  You'll have to post some pics of your bows as well once they come in.

Would you mind posting or Renmailing contact info for Merry Olde Hangmen?  I think I need one of them axes!

Renmail sent. I don't want to post the contact number for the public but if anyone would like the contact info shoot me a message and I will get you in touch.

Can't wait for the bows to come in!!!

robert of armstrong

A target for which, the bow or the axes?

For the bow, if you are looking at being sort of period correct, you could use a stack of bales of hay with a dot painted on one.  Make sure you have a good backstop.  For the axes, I would suggest a section log cut thin, then suspended so that the rings are towards you, on it's end.  Hard to desribe, but you know what I mean?
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

Robert eben Hope

So I finally got my bows in and wow I am in love with the Scythian! I have yet to really play or take photos of the longbow.

So I give you the Scythian!!!

hoodofsherwood

Any contact info on hangman for the axes? Website etc?

*Images and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

Robert eben Hope

Send me a message and tomorrow I will send you his number.