News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

July 19-20th

Started by SleepyArcher, May 18, 2008, 12:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyArcher

My family and I are coming that weekend. It will be our first time at this faire. Where are the best/cheapest places to stay? What are some other things to do around there after faire hours?
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

sealion

Ditto that for August 1st & 2nd.
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Baroness Doune

Cheapest?
Super 8.
But you DON'T want to stay there.  Just ask DB or Nyte.

The La Quinta, which is just across the street from the infamous Super 8, is a much better option.
La Quinta Inn Website.
http://www.lq.com/lq/index.jsp
You want the one in Pleasant Prairie/Kenosha, Wisconsin
La Quinta Inn
7540 118th Avenue
Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Phone: (262) 857-7911
Fax: (262) 857-2370
(800) 531-5900

We are staying at the Radisson this year.
http://www.radisson.com/hotels/wikenosh
The Radisson has a shuttle service which runs between the hotel and Bristol.

What to do after hours?  Go out to eat at a restaurant.  Hang out with friends.  That's what the Baron and I have done in the past.

Lady Renee Buchanan

The Days Inn is basic, but the 2 or 3 times we stayed there, it was clean.  Again, very basic, a place to put your head and take a shower, that's it.  Although they have an indoor pool, there never was any water in it any of the times we stayed.

One year, I went on Priceline and got the La Quinta for something really cheap, like $25 or $30, can't remember what.  And it was over Labor Day weekend, too.  It was really nice, but the rooms facing the highway were noisy all night with the traffic whizzing by.

The Jelly Belly Factory Tour was fun.  Especially if you have kids.  We don't have young ones anymore, but we enjoyed it.  We took Rt. 50 or 52 (can't remember the number) to the lake from our hotel.  There was a really nice restaurant across from the marina.  Down steps to the entrance.  This was several years ago, the last time we stayed overnight, at least 3 or 4.  That's why I can't remember how much the Priceline hotel was or the name of the restaurant.

Don't forget, you can go on the Kenosha Convention and Visitor's Bureau website and get buy one, get one free tickets to Bristol.  You print out the coupon yourself and bring to the Ticket Booth at the faire to get this special.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

skrid the brown

If you let me know when you are coming I can see whats going on.  I live in Kenosha.  There is Six Flags and a new hotel called key lime cove, not real cheap but they do have an inside water park.  There is a huge outlet mall, Lake Michigan lakefront is nice.

Dayna

Dear Baron and Baroness,

I know the BEST restaurant just a couple miles from site in Kenosha.  Owned by rennies, open Saturday and Sunday evenings Only for Rennies!  It would be my pleasure to introduce you (and any other R/F members) to the splendour that is Jacks!

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Baroness Doune

Sweet!
You're on, Dayna!

skrid the brown

Quote from: unilady on May 23, 2008, 02:20:23 PM
Dear Baron and Baroness,

I know the BEST restaurant just a couple miles from site in Kenosha.  Owned by rennies, open Saturday and Sunday evenings Only for Rennies!  It would be my pleasure to introduce you (and any other R/F members) to the splendour that is Jacks!

Dayna

Where might that be?    My wife and I live in Kenosha

Dayna

Jack's Cozy Cafe, right near 80th street and 25th Avenue, about five blocks from The Big Red Spot! 

They're open for breakfast, usually close at 2 p.m. but I think they're still doing the Friday night fish fry which is Way too much food for the price and Super Yummy!!!

During the run, they're open Saturday and Sunday evenings only for rennies, there are several specials that rotate, incredible food for tiny prices.  I've had meals there which in any other place would have cost me $12 or more just for the entree, yet I've gotten entree/dessert/drink for $10.  You'll meet some of the best of the best that are cast or playtrons, we're one big noisy disfunctional family!!!

I encourage you to stop in, Tell them Dayna sent you, the chef and co-owner Marcus is a Doll!!!!  His wife Jen babysits Gremlin my other chihuahua during the season.
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench

Goody

Dayna that sounds like fun!

max and kate

We be coming the 4th of July weekend, a Colonial holiday.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

William Blackheath

How busy does Jack's usually get on those nights?  I have family coming to Bristol on the 19th, and it sounds like a fun way to end the day.  I'm assuming they would know you're a Rennie by the garb?

Dayna

It gets pretty busy, but somehow we always manage to squeeze everyone in, and yes garb is the usual signal.  It gets noisy too, but it's a good noisy.

Dayna 
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench

SleepyArcher

A good place to bring the family. Thanks for the info. This will be out first time at Bristol.
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

ladiedragon

Hey dear.. we's are going to bristol too now! i hope you got searching for hotel rooms.