News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

TN Ren 2009 Photos

Started by renfairephotog, May 02, 2009, 07:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfairephotog

Thanks I got a few nice shots of the Knight Squire relationship. That one was yesterday photo of the day in my 365 blog. I'm going to go back and put more info in the post. Is he still going by Sir Henry Clifford?  Squire Joey?

http://blog.ollure.com/?p=431
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

bagpiper

George Clifford this year, actually. Joey may have another name, but I'm sure Squire Joey/Joseph would work fine.

P.s. I'm Squire Robert, in case you wanted to know
There Can Be Only One

Lady Catherine

2008-2009 cast TNRF
Fishers, GARF, TNRF, ALARF, Fishers, KYHRF and BRISTOL
Coming 2011- Bella the Troll at TNRF!

Lord Clisto of York

Quote from: Lady Nicolette on May 09, 2009, 08:46:27 AM
*sung in Craig of Farrington's voice*  "I'm not at the Faire today."

Too sore from cleaning up a portion of the debris in my yard (see Picture of the Day!) and don't want to be wet all day on top of that.  I will be there tomorrow, however! 

Hopefully the swamp parking lot will be OK to keep the Faire open, the weather looks enormously better.  This morning they were saying that there would only be scattered storms and rain by this afternoon, hopefully tht will be enough letup to keep things going.

Lady Nicolette,

Sorry you didnt get to go to faire. I wish I was back again since i enjoyed it even in the little off and on rain.

Lord Sir Clisto of York

PS for anyone else - Has the rain not really stopped in the last 2 weeks? That has to be bad. Really sucks to have a faire season like that.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Mixsae

Very little dry days.

Yesterday was nice but more rain heading in.

We've had maybe 3 days without rain in the last three weeks.

CapnFayeCutler

I hear ya. I'm about ready to invest in a canoe.  I've been singing "Boat Drinks" for the last week or so... I gotta go where it's warm! ;)
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

renfairephotog

I'll put it this way. The water park has too much water. Nashville Shores opens this weekend. They are reducing tickets prices because the water is too high to use the beach.

It's dry right now but rain is predicted later today and straight thru to Sunday morning. They said overnight sat to early sunday so hopefully it'll stay nice during faire.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Capt Lucy

oy... well, at least i know what garb to bring.... or should i just bring a bathing suit and oars???   :D
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...

Sir Jess Lady Knight

It has been one of the rainiest Mays on record, ever. I can not express how much I am just LOVING the muddy lanes and jumping up and down in the swamp that is the joust field and slipping all over the chess board and not being able to get anyone very enthusiastic because everyone is drenched and muddy. Huzzah. Sunday was really really nice though, first really great faire day this season. I'm holding out for the forecast to change before Saturday but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe Memorial weekend will be better.
Memento Vivere Quod Memento Mori

Chelsy

Aaah, I hope the forecast will change! I don't want my best friend soaked for her first faire in garb! Sigh.
TNRF (2003-2015, 2017)
CRF (2012-present)
GARF (2015-present)
KYHRF (2005-2009)

Dinobabe

Those of us in Memphis are used to this.  It always rains for Memphis in May!  Can't have BBQ without mud! ;D
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

CapnFayeCutler

Quote from: Dinobabe on May 13, 2009, 04:40:41 PM
It always rains for Memphis in May!  Can't have BBQ without mud! ;D

So THAT'S the secret to Memphis BBQ...  :P

It's looking all grey out right now. Joy.
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

kirk

Not done with the first weekends pics, but have started on the 2nd's anyway. I hate it when I actually have to work at work 8)
http://s734.photobucket.com/albums/ww347/FestivalPhotos/TNRF/2009/SUN%2010%20MAY/

Dinobabe

Quote from: CapnFayeCutler on May 13, 2009, 05:13:24 PM
Quote from: Dinobabe on May 13, 2009, 04:40:41 PM
It always rains for Memphis in May!  Can't have BBQ without mud! ;D

So THAT'S the secret to Memphis BBQ...  :P

It's looking all grey out right now. Joy.

Secret sauce! :o
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Lady Catherine

kirk, You rock!!!!!!!!!
2008-2009 cast TNRF
Fishers, GARF, TNRF, ALARF, Fishers, KYHRF and BRISTOL
Coming 2011- Bella the Troll at TNRF!