News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

TN ren Cancelled Sunday MAY 3 -Ticket Update

Started by renfairephotog, May 03, 2009, 06:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfairephotog

Just got the call Due too the condition of the faire site and parking lots, faire  has been canceled. It's only the third time in the 25 year history of the faire that it has been canceled.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

renfairephotog

The parking lots are worse than they were last night.
Fairy photographer

Lady Catherine

what???? we dont get to play in the mud today?!?!?!

can someone give the M"Cracks a call? Rose is gonna try vincent. I would hate to roll them out of bed and them get turned away!
2008-2009 cast TNRF
Fishers, GARF, TNRF, ALARF, Fishers, KYHRF and BRISTOL
Coming 2011- Bella the Troll at TNRF!

renfairephotog

I called Nickki. She's calling whoever she has numbers.
Fairy photographer

Mixsae

Yeah, It rained really hard again last night. Stout just called and woke me up. That parking area was bad though. Honestly, I was a little hesitant about wanting to park in it. Highland Manor stage area is in bad shape too as of about 4 pm yesterday. It was very treacherous footing.

Captain Jack Wolfe

While it is regretful, WW, Athena, Nickie, and I have plans to play elsewhere!   ;D ;D

Time to crack open the Moet & Chandon White Star, I guess!
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

CapnFayeCutler

Gimli gave us a call around 7, so I think he's letting the M'Cracks know.
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Avidd

I did inform our visiting friends from the Bristol faire.

Syrilla

Thank you all for visiting this weekend and for traveling such distances to come to our festival.  And I am so sorry that all of today's plans were water logged, and I did not get to hang out with you.  I hope that everyone has a safe trip back home.

Dinobabe

Boy!  I hope they don't cancel next weekend!
It was muddy but we still had a blast! ;D  We dried out by about 5pm and then we got drenched at 6pm while walking back to the truck! ::)
A good friend and my husband took about 2000 pics between them.  I can't wait to post them!
It was great to finally put some hand shakes with avatars! ;D
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Hibernian

Arrived at the gate about 1030 to hear the sad news.

To be honest, it made all the sense in the world.  I was told the last 100 people last night ended up needing "tractor help" to get out of the lots. After last night's additional rain I had serious thoughts of asking to park up on the road and just hike in from the front gate.

Many thanks to the cast and family of TNRF for an excellent day on Saturday. I hope the weather improves for the coming weekends and you enjoy a great run this year.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Chelsy

I hope this is the worst of what happens this year, and the rest of the weekends are wonderful!
TNRF (2003-2015, 2017)
CRF (2012-present)
GARF (2015-present)
KYHRF (2005-2009)

Dinobabe

Luckily we had 4X4 drive and just zoomed passed the tractor!
Hope everyone else got out OK.
Looking forward to next weekend! ;D
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

CapnFayeCutler

I too am glad I decided to take the AWD vehicle.. Saw a lot of people getting stuck. :(
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Mixsae

I don't have awd or 4 wheel drive but I had a plan and was guaging cars still coming up from the gate area and coasting along at a even speed while trying to remain facing downhill and staying as much on grass as I could see. Opted to avoid the muddy exit and had an opening to get me onto gravel...and then a minivan stopped there. Almost didn't make it but one wheel managed to keep traction enough to get me onto gravel.

Spent the majority of the afternoon at Camino Real with a few regulars. We actually had the backroom to ourself for a good while between the lunch and dinner rush so it wasn't a complete loss of a fair day.

Amazingly enough, I think the periods of rain today were exactly the same as yesterday. Morning ending around 9-10. Picked back up for a bit around mid day and started up again around 5pm. I'm gonna be keeping a close eye on the weather this week and crossing my fingers the field improves for next weekend. I would like to say good job to everyone on the communication chain to get info relayed this morning. I know there was probably a few people that didn't get the message and I'm sure it wasn't intentional but word seemed to come down fairly well and mutliple channels once the decision was made.

renfairephotog

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=451171316&blogId=487124954

Myspace blog update.

They will honor first weekend tickets on the second weekend.

blogs.myspace.com/tnrenfest
Fairy photographer

Peddlin

Well, as one of the visiting M'Cracks, I would like to say that we are sorry that we didn't get a chance to say our farewells to everyone, but while we were there, we had a wonderful time! It was so good to see you all, rain or shine, and we can't wait until the next time!
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Lairde Guardn

I was also told on the phone Sunday Morning when I called the faire office that you could mail back your tickets to get a refund, and you would get a refund and a ticket for next year.   Since we are from out of state we will not be able to return this season and that information sounded very nice on Sunday morning after the disappointment of hearing the faire was closed for the day.

I was wondering if anyone else got the same information, since it was kind of hectic on Sunday morning, and even the people on the phone were not totally sure what was the plan.
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Hibernian

Guard'n when I spoke to the gentleman at the gate on Sunday morning he also stated if we mailed the wristbands back we wold be refunded. No mention of ticket for next year.

Talkng it over with Heal'n, we'll mail our tickets back and see if instead of sending the money to us, might they send our refund to RESCUE instead. I realze in this economy everyone's funds are tight but if anyone can its a good cause to support.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

renfairephotog

That's a good idea Hibernian. I don't know if they can do that due to book keeping and such but worth it's a try.
Fairy photographer

Syrilla

Thank you Hibernian for thinking of RESCUE, during this time.

renfairephotog

One of the entertainers posted that a tree fell on to the seating around the HighLand Manor stage. For those that can't remember your faire geography, that's the Porter and Stout stage.
Fairy photographer

Chelsy

Hopefully everything will be cleaned up and dried out by this weekend. I won't be there till the NEXT weekend, though. sigh.
TNRF (2003-2015, 2017)
CRF (2012-present)
GARF (2015-present)
KYHRF (2005-2009)