News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Pirate Ship in MN

Started by SleepyArcher, May 18, 2008, 04:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyArcher

Ummmm...DB wouldnt that be me belly???? Ill keep it all safe!
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

gusjodi

Oh captain, my captian? Are you in need of a Surgeon on your fine ship?

CelticOne

So I have to ask what kind of ship is The Blatherscythe? A sloop, schooner, ship of the line or something completely different?

Also me and my curiosity also wishes to know where our(the ship's) home port is? Be it Tortuga, Port Royal or mayhaps New Providence or somewhere else perhaps?

I'm sure I can come up with more questions but those are the ones that pop into mind right now.
The mind is like a parachute, its best when open.

renren

Oooh...can I be the jailor? :D
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Erynn

So DB, once we're on the roster is it safe to get the membership if we want? (Sam owes me money for my birthday ;D)

Killian

I'll join! Though I'll only be able to make it to 1 or 2 gatherings a year...

As for abilities... Umm, is there a pyrate term for procrastination? I'm really good at that! So far as more pyratey skills go, I'm a damn fine rifle and pistol shot, so I'd nominate myself for master gunner or something spiffy sounding like that  :D

DeadBishop

Quote from: Killian on May 29, 2008, 10:45:33 PM
I'll join! Though I'll only be able to make it to 1 or 2 gatherings a year...

As for abilities... Umm, is there a pyrate term for procrastination? I'm really good at that! So far as more pyratey skills go, I'm a damn fine rifle and pistol shot, so I'd nominate myself for master gunner or something spiffy sounding like that  :D

Your new pirate name....Slacky the Lacky.  ;D

R/F.com member since 2003

Killian

Lord Figaro

I can't believe I missed this post. I would love to be a member of the crew.  Being an old salt, I'd love to be part of a ships crew that always has fun.  I can offer my services as the Cook, seeing as how I was a real ships cook in the Navy or Musician (thought I haven't played and instrument in years??) What ever is needed.  I've wanted to officially join the Blatherscythe Crew, but money is an issue right now, as has been for quite some time. I asked the wife about it before my birthday, but it never worked out. Since I lost my job shortly there after.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Kiss-me-Kate

I will join too, Bish. 
However, I will NOT accept a commission for KP or swabbing the deck.  I can do that at home, so what fun would it be to do it on board a ship?

I can be the whip cracker/planner or something, since I am used to herding brats kids. 

*scratches head and wonders what the heck a quartermaster or a striker is*   I am such a girl sometimes.  :-[

~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

DeadBishop

Yo ho, me hearties!  Excellent, more to add to the roster!

R/F.com member since 2003

Storm

I can't believe we yet don't have a quartermaster!?...

The number 2 aboard a pirate ship and no takers?!...

Rage

Hey all,

This is abit out of topic (well sort of). Taffy saltwater has started the royal order of the landshark. http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=959.0

Pirates over 40 are landsharks and those under 40 are guppies! I am landshark #28.......(yeah just turned 40)

Looks like the ship is setting up rather well. Good job all.

SleepyArcher

DB you need to update the list.

If everyone sends me their snail mail and what name they want I will be mailing out your "certificate" certifying you are part of the ship. It will have your "pirate name" and your official job upon the ship. Its sort of like Lundegaards but its free and just for fun.

I think its in order that we have a meetin of sorts soon too. Pirates need to be drinking and me mouth is parched...
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

SamSam

I call musician!  I will be a drunken musician, but that only makes me a better pirate musician.