News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

It's that time again...who wants to plan a RenDezvous?

Started by LadyJessica, May 03, 2009, 10:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Escarlata

*chuckling* I'm sure you'll hear more from the BS crew sometimes Tuesday. Right now I think they're all at Scarby for closing weekend.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

LadyJessica

In the running:

LARF (Louisiana) - Hosts: Capt.SIN and Pat McGroin

Scarborough Faire (Texas) - Hosts: Blue66669, Duckie84, and eloquentXI

AZRF
(Arizona) - Hosts: Viscomte de Arcadia and Julianne

Sterling (New York) - Hosts: irish, Tygrkat, and SterlingFan

For those willing to host please see the rules on campaigning:

1.After we know which faires are in the running we ask that each person planning the gathering to write up a paragraph or two about why we should choose their faire and to give us general information about the faire; i.e. times, dates, prices, camping, etc.  You can do a write up as a group.

2.These paragraphs will be sent to LadyJessica who will post the paragraph along with who wrote it under one thread, which will remain locked.

3.If you have any general questions about what someone has said please Renmail that person and ask them.

4.There will be no why-my-faire-is-better-than-your-faire politics. If the Mods start to see these posts they will be deleted.

5.If you want to have more people vote for your faire you may post reminders within said faire's section in the forum.

Hosts you have until midnight of June 3rd to get those posts to me.  Voting will begin on June 4th.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Lairde Guardn

For those in the running, is it possible to know what dates they plan to host the rendevous.
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Scotsman

I would like to go to all 4 of these ... voting is going to be tough!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady_Glorianna

Once a faire is picked, then the date is selected, but if it helps any (and please anyone correct me if I am wrong):

LARF runs Nov-Dec
Scarby runs Apr-May
AZRF runs Feb-March
Sterling runs July-Aug
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Can I vote yet, can I vote yet, can I vote yet??? 

Daddy at Rendezvous, now that would be something to see! 
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Kimba Nevil

Landshark #80

angusmacinnes

There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Willa Swallow

LARF Dates: Nov 7 to Dec 13, 2009 and Friday Nov 27th (day after Thanksgiving).  I know you said dates would be picked after the faire is selected, but it seems to me that dates would/could affect voting.  The Bayou Scoundrels are suggesting closing weekend, but anything after Thanksgiving would work.  (TRF runs through Thanksgiving)

Lady Renee Buchanan

Is there any way for dates to be posted before the vote for which faire?  The dates of the faire, almost as much as the location, will make a difference for my vote, and I'm sure a lot of people are in the same situation.

Due to our business, there are certain times of year we can't get away, and they overlap with a little of each of the faires nominated.  Let's say faire ABC is chosen.  We can't go to RenDezvous if the first 3 weekends are chosen, but can go if it's one of the other weekends.  On the other hand, faire DEF has dates when we can go.

So it will matter to me what the dates of the faire are, because I don't want to vote for faire ABC and find out they chose a time when we can't go, but faire DEF's dates were at a time when we could go, so I would vote for that faire.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Julianne

For AZRF, the Viscomte and I (as hosts) only considered President's Day Weekend which runs February 13th, 14th, and 15th.

Lairde Guardn

I agree with Lady Renee.....the dates make a huge difference in which faire gets my vote.....I will make every attempt to be at Rendevoux, but some dates will not work at all for my schedule.
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Blue66669

The Scarby Group is kicking around ideas for either opening weekend (April 10/11) or sometime in late April (April 24/25). We haven't come to any decisions yet, but we are all pretty much of the mind that Memorial Day Weekend is too damn hot to be enjoyable, so I don't believe that it's even being considered. That, and there are a few other gatherings going on across the country that weekend...
Blaidd Drwg

irish

Tossing out my opinion on Sterling RenDezvous dates..........

The first weekend, July 3rd & 4th, is considered Children's Weekend. That would be fine for those that have kids, but at the same time, it is a hectic weekend for travel. I think a holiday, should not be considered at all.
Now the last week in July, Oswego has a "Harbor fest" on Lake Ontario. Hotels and camp sites are usually SRO, by that date.
I think August is a good time for the RenDezvous. Maybe the first weekend, which will be the 7th & 8th.

irish  ;D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

LadyJessica

Last chance for any other faire to raise their flag for hosting.  I'll be posting the voting thread tonight before going to bed, so you have until about 11pm central.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)