News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Iowa Renaissance Festival - Middle Amana

Started by Dustin, May 04, 2009, 10:27:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustin

So who's going? It's Memorial Day weekend, so I'm planning to be there on Saturday, since I have other plans for Sunday and Monday.
If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV

Gauwyn of Bracknell

My lady and I will be attending, not sure which day(s) though.  Do you live in the area?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lady Rosalind

We're planning on being there on Sunday or Monday. We'd be working this one, but my son has to play in band for high school graduation.

Dustin

Quote from: Gauwyn of Brocknell on May 04, 2009, 12:29:02 PM
My lady and I will be attending, not sure which day(s) though.  Do you live in the area?

I'm about an hour and a half away.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Have you been to Janesville or Midwest Ren Faire?

I have next weekend open and plan on attending one of them.  So far listing toward Janesville.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Dustin

I am still new to the faire scene, and have only been to Four Kingdoms and Stronghold.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Gauwyn of Brocknell on May 04, 2009, 04:38:57 PM
Have you been to Janesville or Midwest Ren Faire?

I have next weekend open and plan on attending one of them.  So far listing toward Janesville.

I'm not familiar with the Midwest Ren Faire (or maybe I am, just can't recall where it's located).  I hope to go to Janesville on the Saturday.  We've gone every year since it's opened.  A smaller faire, and most of the entertainment/cast is from Bristol, but since it's a more relaxed atmosphere, you can interact with them more.  For example, we were sitting at a picnic table eating, and one of the entertainment acts came and sat down next to us and started talking and ate with us.  We've never seen that happen at Bristol.

Anyhow, unless something comes up that stops me from getting there, see you on Saturday!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Let us know if you all plan to meet anywhere, we will be there Saturday as well.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Dustin on May 05, 2009, 12:54:17 AM
I am still new to the faire scene, and have only been to Four Kingdoms and Stronghold.

We have been going to Minnesota for a few years, but just started garbing last year, so we are kind of new also.  Since we have visited the faires in Arizona and Scarborough.

Maybe we will see you in Amana.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Dustin

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on May 05, 2009, 05:56:48 AM

I'm not familiar with the Midwest Ren Faire (or maybe I am, just can't recall where it's located).  I hope to go to Janesville on the Saturday.  We've gone every year since it's opened.  A smaller faire, and most of the entertainment/cast is from Bristol, but since it's a more relaxed atmosphere, you can interact with them more.  For example, we were sitting at a picnic table eating, and one of the entertainment acts came and sat down next to us and started talking and ate with us.  We've never seen that happen at Bristol.

Similar thing happend to us at Stronghold last year. We were sitting under the pavilion eating and watching Oderiferous Thunderbottom, and Wendy from Merry Measure sat down with us and we had a nice little chat.

IanRichardSharpe

I shall be performing there next weekend.

Ian Richard Sharpe, Royal Tax Collector
Tax Collector for the King, friend of the Lord High Constable
The Venerable Lord Richard the Perplexed of Tempting St M

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Will look for you (or maybe not if you are collecting taxes :) )
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lord Clisto of York

I may be going for one day depending on if I get someone to ride share with to St Louis or not that weekend. If I dont have anyone, then I will drive to Amanna.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Dustin

Looks like time and finances won't allow us to attend this year. Maybe next year...

Hatter

My Lady and I will be attending on Saturday at least, maybe more.  Those of you from MRF may know Raven who sells chocolates from a basket.  She has a booth at this fest and the chocolates are of course delightful.

Lord Clisto of York

I will be at Janesville this Saturday unless it rains then Sunday. I am still up in the air on Amana until I know for sure I dont have anyone to ride with from here to St Louis. So, it is still that waiting game.

Elspeth

I'm going to be there all 3 days, I'll be demoing basket weaving in the big pavillion.  Please stop by and say hello. 

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We live in the small hamlet of Cedar Rapids and will be there sometime (or sometimes) over the weekend.

Who all is going to be there?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lord Clisto of York

Looks as though I will not be making Amana, but I will be in marshall Michigan for Mayfaire instead on this Saturday

IanRichardSharpe

IanRichardSharpe

Nicely done!  You can't imagine what happens when mimes and tax collectors walk into bars...!