News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wish Me Luck.....

Started by maelstrom0370, May 04, 2009, 01:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maelstrom0370

Quote from: Poldugarian Warrior on June 07, 2009, 10:18:27 PM
Watch them internal applicants, they do get preferred treatment even if they aren't qualified. I've seen it done at my work. And they were both internal apllicants for a better or different position that required different skills, but because they liked the one guy that wasn't qualified and didn't like the guy that was qualified they took the unqualified guy instead. That just goes to show there's favortism in the work place all over, and it really doesn't matter if you can actually do the job, it's who you rub elbows with. Keep the faith. Though this is just an incident I heard of so don't feel bad if they take that other guy/girl over you, that guy/girl is probably just a brown noser. But, still I'm rootin for ya.

DOOD!!!  I am SO buying you the beverage of your choice if I see you at Faire!!  Actually, if I get this job, first rounds on me for everyone who wished me luck!!!

Jon Foster

Dood! You'd better get that job now. After making a statement like that...  :o

Jon.

maelstrom0370

Quote from: Jon Foster on June 08, 2009, 09:00:14 PM
Dood! You'd better get that job now. After making a statement like that...  :o

Jon.

Dood!! Did I actually post that!!??
Oi Vey!
LOL!  ;) :P ::) ;D

Poldugarian Warrior

I won't hold you to that, but thanks I will accept that offer if I see you. So let us know what happens.

Lady Gwyndolyn

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you!!!
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

maelstrom0370

As of yesterday (Tuesday), their DHR called to let me know I'm one of the finalists and that they're checking references, so I should know something soon!

Blue66669

Good job MaelStrom!!! I'm rootin for ya, love and hugs and good luck from Texas...

Hell, I'm crossing EVERYTHING down here!
Blaidd Drwg

maelstrom0370

Quote from: blue66669 on June 10, 2009, 08:38:52 AM
Good job MaelStrom!!! I'm rootin for ya, love and hugs and good luck from Texas...

Hell, I'm crossing EVERYTHING down here!

Oh sure!! Mention free booze and they come out of the woodwork!!  ::)
Just kiddin'! Thanks everyone!!!  :P

Blue66669

HA! Like you could get free booze all the way here to Texas......

*wait, can you?*
Blaidd Drwg

Tygrkat

If I haven't said so before (or even if I have  :P) , May The Force Be With You!  ;D
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Jon Foster

Quote from: blue66669 on June 10, 2009, 09:37:12 AM
HA! Like you could get free booze all the way here to Texas......

*wait, can you?*

What are the names of those guys who can get it there? The Bandit, Cledus and Fred?  ;)

Jon.

Blue66669

Well, I prefer to call him Todd- ummm, he's my mailman...

:-*
Blaidd Drwg

Poldugarian Warrior

That's a good one Jon, that's one of my all-time favorite movies. Along with Tygercat's, May the Force be with you. I second that to you Maelstrom.

maelstrom0370

Good News:  I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad News:  No camping or full Faire weeknds for us this year.  With both of us starting new jobs (her at Dow or hopefully Consumers) this late in the summer, neither of us wants to ask for time off just yet.  So we'll be "Day-Tripping" as we can.  I promise to pay off on those drinks as I see each of you!!  Thanks so much for everyone sendin' me their good luck!!!

Celtic Lady

Many congrats to you. Nice to hear of someone getting work in Michigan.