News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Tempest Steampunk Bellydance Workshop

Started by sidonia, May 04, 2009, 03:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidonia

I apologize if this is too off-topic, it sorta has a connection in my twisted brain, or maybe it's just that some of the people who are into Renaissance period are also into steampunk (Mr. Moderator, feel free to move this wherever it might be appropriate)...

This Thursday 05/07/09 I'm hosting a bellydance workshop with Tempest entitled "Adventures in Steampunk!". It's from 6:30pm-8:30pm and costs just $35. The location is Avenue 9 which is located conveniently in downtown Nashville (312 9th Avenue South). Doors open at 6:00pm for registration and shopping. Here is the full class description:

"Steampunk is considered by many to be a subdivision of the Gothic Culture, or it's crazy next-door neighbor – regardless, it's an exciting and inspiring genre, blending Neo-Victorian, Science Fiction, and Fantasy that offers a lot of opportunity in the realm of bellydance fusion.  But once again, it's not about just having the look, but capturing the true quality and character of Steampunk in your movement and presentation.  Students will explore 3 different "personas" through mini-choreographies utilizing original and fun combinations that resonate with the essence of Steampunk: "Airship Pirate", "Lady Adventurer" and "Coin-Operated Girl". In addition, students will not only learn about Steampunk music and fashion, but will be able to incorporate the material into their own style with purpose, armed with building blocks to create and define their own personas."

For more information, or to contact me: http://sidoniabellydance.com

----------

Also, if you're looking for something fun to do on Saturday night after the faire (May 23rd), the Hellblinki Sextet will be at the Rutlege. It's Salvation's "Alternative History Ball". So again, kinda related... Here's the flyers: