News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Golden Gate Renaissance Festival - San Francisco, CA.

Started by Mandrake Von Sets, May 18, 2008, 08:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valiss

Anyone going to this?  Just a couple of weeks away!

Mandrake Von Sets

Wil

Valiss

Man I wish they had an actors camp or let people camp on site.  Makes it hard for some of our members to make the journey, but I think it's because that park has a lot of homeless at night.

NorthBayDreamer

At this point we just don't know.   We are in Angels Camp for an event (a pirate party at the Twisted Oak winery) on Saturaday, BUT....(big but here).  A friend MIGHT be getting married at the the faire on Sunday.   If he is, then we will probably trek down and be there Sunday.  I should know soon.

Huzzah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Lisle (when a Nobel)
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Master Thomas Boddinham (when a middle)
Landshark No. 67

NorthBayDreamer

Ok, now I know.  My friend is getting married on Saturday, so we will miss it. 

Oh well, 3rd year that somthing has stopped us from being there.

Lord Lisle (when a Nobel)
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Master Thomas Boddinham (when a middle)
Landshark No. 67

Valiss

Merry

Castlewood will be there!  Wouldn't miss it.  Look for me and the rest of the Peanut Gallery and say Hi!

Lodgings are a problem.  There is a definate homeless issue at the park and that is why no camping is permitted other than security for the shire.   

This year promises to be fantastic so please try and make it everyone!  The morning fog over the meadow is wonderful to see and truly, you forget you are in the midst of a great city.

Lady Toadflinger

It's only 11 days away! We'll be there! I hope to wear some new garb (not quite finished yet), so I am looking forward to that, as well as the Faire.  We haven't been there since the first or second year, 'cause I hate driving in S.F..  >: (This year someone else will be driving.  :) Huzzah!
keeper of the royal menagerie

Valiss

Indeed I will not be able to make it but our guild is going and I think we'll have 25 or so members attending. 

Mandrake Von Sets

Heading up Friday for setup in the early afternoon...probably get there around 2pm or so.

Weather.gov says (for both days) patchy fog before 11am, then partly sunny with highs around the mid-60's.
Wil

Mandrake Von Sets

Ok...partly sunny my arse.

Hope tomorrow is a wee bit warmer and we actually see the sun.
Wil

Mandrake Von Sets

Wil

Mandrake Von Sets

Wil