News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Need help with a dream.. trying to locate Sterling/Sterling City?

Started by ADraeger, May 05, 2009, 10:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADraeger

Could mean absolutely nothing, but the other night, I had a dream that my husband and I were house-hunting in a town that was either called Sterling City or Sterling.. not sure which.  It was full of slopes/hills... no mountains and had a variety of trees.  Not sure on the climate as I dreamed it was early winter and cold (but no snow)....  Does anyone know of such a place?  I've googled it, but everything I found was either a west texas town (definitely not that) and a flat place in Colorado.  I could've just made all this up in my imagination, but it has my curiosity piqued.....and it would be cool if it was an actual place.....

BLAKDUKE

For any location type of lookup try mapquest first.  There is a Sterling in: CO. IL. VA. CT. GA. ID. KS. MA. MI. + MD.
The only Sterling City is in TX. 
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Demetrius

There is a Sterling in the North East corner of Colorado on I-76 close to Nebraska.

What you describe first reminded me of Sedalia, which is between Denver and Castle Rock and very close to CRF. Could mean absolutely something...
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Cobaltblu

Come visit The Sterling Renaissance Festival in Sterling NY this summer!

http://sterlingfestival.com/

Beautiful relatively flat land with rolling hills located near the majestic shores of Lake Ontario.

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

Melissandra

Wow, that caught me a little off guard lol.  I live about 30 miles from the West Texas Sterling City.  There are some slopes/hills, but not a big variety of trees.

ADraeger

Thanks for the mapquest hint, Blakduke!  I'm going to attempt to look each up & see if there's something I recognize....

Demetrius -  You've brought up an excellent point (whether you meant to or not)... it may not even be "Sterling", but something that sounds similar.. any suggestions are welcome.  Something in my gut tells me that it does mean something... why else would I have the drive to locate it... but it's not something I 'know'.  Predictions via dreams run in my father's side of the family (I predicted Dad's plane crash two days before it happened... when I was 8), so who knows. lol :)

CB - Where there's money, there's a way! :)  We'll have to save & try to make it next year.  Thanks for the invite - it looks like a lovely/fun faire to attend. :)

Melissandra - lol Sorry to catch you off guard. :)  30 miles from Sterling City... hummmm....You're not a semi-stocky 5'3" brunette (with medium length hair) & bangs by any chance, are you?  I remember someone like that passing through my dream... keep wanting to say she was a real estate agent or homeowner there or something.  (After all, hubs and I were looking at houses). lol  I don't know if it could be your Sterling City or not.  Dad said there are quite a few slopes/hills around it, so it may be.  In my dream, the town/city itself was full of slopes.. and I keep wanting to say it was in a more northern climate, but can't be sure of that either. lol

Darn dreams.  Sure make life interesting...but difficult to piece together sometimes.

Tygrkat

Cold in early winter, hilly, trees....

Yep, I'm with CB on this on this one - it sounds like you're describing Sterling, NY.

I think it's a lovely (albeit tiny) town...of course, the fact that my (current) home Faire is there doesn't do anything but improve my opinion of the place  :)
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Lady Amy of York

Cold in winter..yep it deffinitely has  to be  Sterling  , New York.  ;D
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Sorcha

How about THE Stirling?  Stirling, Scotland.  Wintery weather without a lot of snow and it has hills. Spelling is a little different, but I'd live there.  ;)
http://www.stirling.co.uk/

sapphireandsage

Sterling, Ohio is very near where I'm located.  Here in NE Ohio, we've got lots of trees, lots of snow, and many areas have hilly spots.  Sterling is a small rural town - lots of farmland and a VERY small downtown area (think post office, old gas station, corner grocery store) that is considered to be historical, I believe.
~Rhonda
-:¦:-  Sapphire & Sage -:¦:-
Renaissance Jewelry & Accessories
Tarot Consultations by E-mail

Lady Catherine

Im with Sorcha, Stirling  Scotland, perhaps... sounds very similiar. Queen Mary visited there a lot, I believe
2008-2009 cast TNRF
Fishers, GARF, TNRF, ALARF, Fishers, KYHRF and BRISTOL
Coming 2011- Bella the Troll at TNRF!

ADraeger

Stirling, Scotland maybe....  :)  It may also be Sterling, NY... I'm not sure b/c I can't find many pictures of the town (but found MANY of the Ren Faire.. it looks wonderful. :) )

Huh.  I'm starting to wonder if it was Sterling at all.. Surling? Serling? Something with an S, r, and -ing? lol 

Demetrius

Rod Serling... born in Syracuse, New York. Twilight Zone.... maybe you went somewhere and met him?
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

ADraeger

lol Perhaps.....perhaps... All this has been a little strange.  Maybe I did wander into the Twilight Zone.... (Absolutely love that show.  When I can afford it, I'm going to try to purchase what I can on DVD).